Help with latest update 13.2.1

Krizeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I still find myself here asking for clarification regarding system switch updates.:unsure:

(I noticed the release of 13.2.1 today)

I'm currently on 13.2.0 (OFW).

I also saw the release of AMS 1.2.6, so I have already updated my sd-card with the new SigPatches, bootloader "folder", payload and current version (AMS 1.2.6) with support with 13.2.1.

Everything works fine, my system shows "13.2.0|AMS 1.2.6|E" And, but of course I'm staying with 13.2.0 because I haven't updated the OFW, but only "AMS".

Now my questions are:

1) How do I update OFW to 13.2.1?

2) Can I still use the latest version of AMS (1.2.6) even staying on the penultimate firmware version "13.2.0"?

3) My emuMMC "backup" was performed on OFW 13.2.0 with AMS 1.2.5, if I upgrade to 13.2.1 do I have to perform a new updated backup?

I await a welcome response ! Thanks in advance !! :lol:

Reactions: QuinuS

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
1. update through Nintendo server. i usually run my switch without AMS when updating just to be extra safe.

2. Yes

3. Update your emummc using daybreak. That way youll keep your saves/profile without losing anything when updating. but i dont see any avail firmware 13.2.1 avail for download.

Reactions: Krizeth

Krizeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. update through Nintendo server. i usually run my switch without AMS when updating just to be extra safe.

2. Yes

3. Update your emummc using daybreak. That way youll keep your saves/profile without losing anything when updating. but i dont see any avail firmware 13.2.1 avail for download.
Thank you very much ! you raised me a lot of doubts!:bow:

So if I understand correctly the best way is to update without using AMS, Directly form "Original" Nintendo way and when I want to do it I'll have to update the emuMMC with Daybreak to keep profiles and saves, right?

I think at this point for now I will stay on 13.2.0 with AMS 1.2.6 in "E".

If later I decide to switch to 13.2.1 (first of all I will wait for the release on daybreak) and I will definitely follow your steps.

Thank you very much for the clarification, you are really kind and helpful !!:yay3ds:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much ! you raised me a lot of doubts!:bow:

So if I understand correctly the best way is to update without using AMS, Directly form "Original" Nintendo way and when I want to do it I'll have to update the emuMMC with Daybreak to keep profiles and saves, right?

I think at this point for now I will stay on 13.2.0 with AMS 1.2.6 in "E".

If later I decide to switch to 13.2.1 (first of all I will wait for the release on daybreak) and I will definitely follow your steps.

Thank you very much for the clarification, you are really kind and helpful !!:yay3ds:
No its better to update with Daybreak.

Reactions: Krizeth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse