Hacking Help with god mode 9

ReannaN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
HI,
i am trying to put CFW onto my old 3ds. I am on the step of loading godmode9 and trying to back up synsNAND (steps i'm following are below)
When I press 'setup_ctrand_luma3ds' nothing happens. Nothing about unlocking sysNAND comes up. On the bottom screen it says 'line 2:unknown cmd'.
What am I doing wrong?

1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  2. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  3. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  4. Select “More…”
  5. Select “Scripts…”
  6. Select “setup_ctrnand_luma3ds”
  7. When prompted, press (A) to proceed
  8. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  9. Press (A) to continue
  10. Press (A) to relock write permissions

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know Plaillect did scripts yet. I beat him to the punch with my AIO pack, so I never really look at that part of the guide. Ah, I see it's actually written by ihaveamac (youhavemysympathy, youpoorscammedbastard) ;) Well, there aren't any errors in it. Though it is kind-of bloated. All it needs is the "allow" command and the "cp" command that copies "boot.firm" over, but with a -w in it so that it overwrites any existing copies. It's really not going to help having GM9 on CTRNAND if the device can't even access the card.

The file should work though. Yours must be corrupted. Try to re-download it. And they aren't zipped so I'm not sure what that other person was smoking (I'll take some of that ;) )

Last edited by Kazuma77,

toshihiko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this same issue today, finishing the process on my 3dsxl, all went smooth
till these steps..
  1. Select “Scripts…”
  2. Select “setup_ctrnand_luma3ds
0:/gm9/scrip..rnand_luma3ds.gm9
line 2: unknown cmd

press A to continue..

I have verified the latest files and redownloaded to be certain.. I unfortunately am on mac as well, I dont believe there is any
corrupted files here.. Seems like searching around not many people have this problem as I could only find this page here..
* can i edit the script in a note editor to give it the correct "allow" command and "cp" command..?

Last edited by toshihiko,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this same issue today, finishing the process on my 3dsxl, all went smooth
till these steps..
  1. Select “Scripts…”

press A to continue..

I have verified the latest files and redownloaded to be certain.. I unfortunately am on mac as well, I dont believe there is any
corrupted files here.. Seems like searching around not many people have this problem as I could only find this page here..
* can i edit the script in a note editor to give it the correct "allow" command and "cp" command..?
Get the latest GodMode9 nightly from here and use it.

Reactions: toshihiko

MrLaserbeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had the same issue.
I solved it by inserting my sd card into a 'windows computer' and deleting the gm9 folder.
I redownloaded the same version of godmode9 and put the gm9 folder on to the root of my sd card.
I put the setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9 and the cleanup_sd_card.gm9 in the scripts folder.

After i reinserted my sd card and booted up godmode9 it worked.

onebrownfinch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
till these steps..
  1. Select “Scripts…”

press A to continue..

I was having the same issue and found that the solution was a bit simpler than I thought! If you click on the bottom, where it says [more...], you can see a selection that says "setup_ctrnand_luma3ds". Turns out the one on the first page is labelled "._setup_ctrnand_luma3ds" and so it doesn't work.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I was having the same issue and found that the solution was a bit simpler than I thought! If you click on the bottom, where it says [more...], you can see a selection that says "setup_ctrnand_luma3ds". Turns out the one on the first page is labelled "._setup_ctrnand_luma3ds" and so it doesn't work.
Are you using a Mac?
Dot Files are usually created on Macs. They're basically useless.

Reactions: Bateees

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.