Help with DM to DML

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bob Law, Apr 20, 2013.

Apr 20, 2013

Help with DM to DML by Bob Law at 7:58 PM (362 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Bob Law
    OP

Newcomer Bob Law Newbie

United States
    So I'm a huge noob when it comes to actually understanding what I'm doing with the wii hacking and everything but I'm learning with the help of these forums. So here it goes. I've installed Dios Mios on my wii; however, later I found that a few GC games I want to play only work with Dios Mios Lite.

My question is: How should I approach switching from DM to DML?

1. Should I uninstall Dios Mios with my wad manager then install DML?
    2. OR Install Mios ver 10 or whatever (to write over Dios Mios) then install DML?
    3. OR can I just install Dios Mios Lite and it will write over the Dios Mios stuff?

If any body could tell me which option would be optimal I would appreciate it.

2. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    isnt dios mios lite only usable by the sd card, not be the usb. I mean if you;re planning to run gc games from the sc card then u can install dios mios lite over dios mios if u want.

3. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    if you use dios mios booter it has an option to copy games from usb to sd also

4. d.d.d.

Member d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Ideally if you want to switch often between DM & DML, *neek would be best so you don't have to keep installing various files on the original/real NAND - just switch between the emuNANDs for what your needs are at the time.

From what I've seen and read, most people I think would say option 2 but many also just do option 3 just fine. For me, there's nothing that only works on SD that I gotta play so I just play via USB.