Help with D2CKey install

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wchill, Oct 23, 2008.

1. wchill
    OP

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    I had a D2CKey and a Wii-clip lying around along with an unmodded Wii, so I decided to mod.
    [​IMG]
    First the blue/red lights on the D2CKey turned on, and the disc wouldn't go in.
    Resoldered.
    Now the lights turn on, the blue light goes out after 2 sec. and the red light fades out 3 sec after that.
    Still not accepting discs.
    Help?

(Serial LU5654*******, no clip, no 2nd line below GC2-D2C)

2. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Well probably a D2C2. The D2C-key won't work on those...

3. wchill
    OP

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Nah, I've consulted pro Wii modders and they all say it's a D2C... Actually the problem was the clip. It needed to be put just the right way (not all the way down). Anyone have a solution to that problem?

4. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    I don't know who that top wii modders are, but wiidrives.com tells me that it is to 50% a D2C2 from your serial and drivechips without a second line of writing are D2C2s But it does work if you put the clip on there just not all the way down? Well I don't know a solution for that. Normally you should press them all the way down...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice