Homebrew HELP WiiFlow Won't Boot on SD Card

OfficialRammy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a lot of sh*t on my SD so I started fresh. Formatted the Wii & SD Card. Upon downloading WiiFlow 5.4.6 on the SD, when I launch it I get the WiiFlow Logo, shows the loading for a split second then it Just kicks me back to the Homebrew/Home Screen. It works fine on a HDD, boots up no problem. I Installed an old version of WiiFlow 4.0 I think, that worked on the SD. Doesn't make sense as EVERY other app works fine, I really dont understand why 5.4.6/5.4.7 Beta 5 doesn't work on my SD card like wtf is going on here? I'm so close to giving up man:wtf: PLEASE, any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a 128GB SD formatted to fat32 with a 32kb cluster size.

UPDATE: The only one I can get working is 5.4.1 from Danimal Master Pack. Soon as I drag and replace 5.4.6 it won't load. This makes no f*cking sense. So a semi modded version of 5.4.1 works with Rhapsoddi Shima theme but the standalone WFL 5.4.6 or above doesn't load.

Reactions: jeannotte

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a lot of sh*t on my SD so I started fresh. Formatted the Wii & SD Card. Upon downloading WiiFlow 5.4.6 on the SD, when I launch it I get the WiiFlow Logo, shows the loading for a split second then it Just kicks me back to the Homebrew/Home Screen. It works fine on a HDD, boots up no problem. I Installed an old version of WiiFlow 4.0 I think, that worked on the SD. Doesn't make sense as EVERY other app works fine, I really dont understand why 5.4.6/5.4.7 Beta 5 doesn't work on my SD card like wtf is going on here? I'm so close to giving up man:wtf: PLEASE, any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using a 128GB SD formatted to fat32 with a 32kb cluster size.

UPDATE: The only one I can get working is 5.4.1 from Danimal Master Pack. Soon as I drag and replace 5.4.6 it won't load. This makes no f*cking sense. So a semi modded version of 5.4.1 works with Rhapsoddi Shima theme but the standalone WFL 5.4.6 or above doesn't load.
Delete your apps/wiiflow folder and make a new one for wfl 5.4.6. Make sure to include the bins and imgs folders and contents. Get wfl 5.4.7 beta and replace the current boot.dol with the 5.4.7 beta boot dol. Now run wfl.

Dont try to merge any files and folders.

OfficialRammy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried everything you could ever think of and I've only just got to the bottom of it. I found only 1 source on reddit regarding this issue and that took some digging. If anyone searches this problem, I hope you find this thread.

The problem why WiiFlow/USB Loader GX/CFG Loader etc isn't working off your SD Card and kicking you back to the Home Menu/Homebrew Channel is due to having d2x v10-beta 53 installed like EVERY WII TUTORIAL TELLS YOU TO. Follow THIS guide and nothing else. Go back onto d2x-cIOS and reinstall with beta 52 as 53 has way too many problems.

Thank you @fledge68 & @jeannotte for trying to help me.

Last edited by OfficialRammy,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried everything you could ever think of and I've only just got to the bottom of it. I found only 1 source on reddit regarding this issue and that took some digging. If anyone searches this problem, I hope you find this thread.

The problem why WiiFlow/USB Loader GX/CFG Loader etc isn't working off your SD Card and kicking you back to the Home Menu/Homebrew Channel is due to having d2x v10-beta 53 installed like EVERY WII TUTORIAL TELLS YOU TO. Follow THIS guide and nothing else. Go back onto d2x-cIOS and reinstall with beta 52 as 53 has way too many problems.

I try to tell people that all the time. Always use beta 52. Beta 53 has issues. D2x v8 is also good but only for wii.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hello

This is why I had proposed to post a syscheck report, to see if the CIOS were well installed on the beta 52 version.

Glad it works for you, have fun !!!:yaywii:

Reactions: OfficialRammy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o