bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get straight to the point.

I want to make a nand backup on a virgin wii, however i have conflicts when trying to use Casper2Bootmii.
I cannot mod it as it is the family's wii and my mom wouldn't allow it.

Casper2bootmii has a boot.elf file, all fine and stuff, right?

However, when i try to use letterbomb as my exploit of choice, it also has a boot.elf file.
I cannot use str2hax as my wii doesnt support my internet connection.
I am looking for any help for how to use letterbomb or any alternatives, as i would like to use dolphin with my data.

I am on 4.3U and use a partitioned 128-gb SDHC for letterbomb. My partition is 30gb fat32, and it works with letterbomb ( on its own ) so im pretty sure it will work.

I have a RVL-001 wii that can support Bootmii as Boot2

Last edited by bow9911,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm assuming you used modmii to set this up, as AFAIK it's the only place where Casper2Bootmii.bat is referenced?

Anyway, assuming everything else is set up properly, just add an exploit. If using letterbomb DO NOT use its boot.elf (hackmii installer) and instead make sure boot.elf on sd root is for casper

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get straight to the point.

I want to make a nand backup on a virgin wii, however i have conflicts when trying to use Casper2Bootmii.
I cannot mod it as it is the family's wii and my mom wouldn't allow it.

Casper2bootmii has a boot.elf file, all fine and stuff, right?

However, when i try to use letterbomb as my exploit of choice, it also has a boot.elf file.
I cannot use str2hax as my wii doesnt support my internet connection.
I am looking for any help for how to use letterbomb or any alternatives, as i would like to use dolphin with my data.

I am on 4.3U and use a partitioned 128-gb SDHC for letterbomb. My partition is 30gb fat32, and it works with letterbomb ( on its own ) so im pretty sure it will work.

I have a RVL-001 wii that can support Bootmii as Boot2
Wii's are a dime a dozen, you can get a spare for like $15 at goodwill. Anywho, just mod the Wii anyways, how often does the "family" really play it?

bow9911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii's are a dime a dozen, you can get a spare for like $15 at goodwill. Anywho, just mod the Wii anyways, how often does the "family" really play it?
Yes, i know, but the thing is i am not looking for a modded wii. I just want to get a nand backup of my wii so i can play dolphin on my laptop on the go, and use wiimfi.

Randomness, OP should consider ModMii's abstinence wizard (i.e. non-permanent hacks)
I know how that works, however im trying to make a NAND backup of my current data, as far as i know the abstinence wizard makes an emulated NAND, with no data, so bootmii on that wouldn't really do anything.

I'm assuming you used modmii to set this up, as AFAIK it's the only place where Casper2Bootmii.bat is referenced?

Anyway, assuming everything else is set up properly, just add an exploit. If using letterbomb DO NOT use its boot.elf (hackmii installer) and instead make sure boot.elf on sd root is for casper
That worked, thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong