Julian017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I applied Brickblocker over the game (Donkey Kong Country Returns) and my 3.2E Wii sees the game, but then I get a black-screen. I updated the homebrew channel to 1.08 something and when I select bootmii from the homebrew channel my wii disc-thingy start to flash in blue and keeps doing that.
Also when I select the homebrew channel from the bootmii thing at the start-up my tv also goes black and does nothing.

Last time I did anything to my Wii was when I wanted to play SMG 2 so I might have missed some things, I can't really remember how I could play that game, something from the homebrew channel if I remember correctly.
tongue.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you have all your IOS's up to date if im not mistaken DKCR runs on IOS56
smile.gif
you can use ModMii to grab all the latest IOS needed. Are you running by disc channel, backup loader, usb loader?

If your running by disc channel just make sure you have the proper IOS patched.
If your running by backup loader make sure you have the latest compatible cIOS installed.
If your running by usb loader make sure you have the latest cIOS249/250rev20b, hermes222v5, 223v4,224v5

Julian017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
make sure you have all your IOS's up to date if im not mistaken DKCR runs on IOS56
smile.gif
you can use ModMii to grab all the latest IOS needed. Are you running by disc channel, backup loader, usb loader?

If your running by disc channel just make sure you have the proper IOS patched.
If your running by backup loader make sure you have the latest compatible cIOS installed.
If your running by usb loader make sure you have the latest cIOS249/250rev20b, hermes222v5, 223v4,224v5

Disc channel!
tongue.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah if your playing a backup the IOS which that game runs on needs to be Patched
smile.gif
IOS56
smile.gif

The easiest way to do this is either grab the pc app ModMii and choose to download Dop-Miiv13 from it and transfer to your sd card; this is the easiest way to get this particular revision w/o having to do a little extensive google searching since this version no longer is being hosted on filetrip or wiibrew. The reason you want Dop-Mii (Non Wiibrew Edition!) v13 is cause you can apply the Fakesign, ES Identify, Nand Permisions patches. to a any IOS the newer Dop-Mii Wiibrew Edition will not give you the options to apply these patches.

I rarely use bootmii to boot my wii up, but just in case make sure your IOS36 is has all 3 patches FakeSign, ES Identify, Nand Permission. Some homebrew still require it and run better when you do have it.

If for some reason you dont have IOS36 patched or you cant patch it, install IOS236 and then install IOS36. IOS236 is a failsafe for when IOS36 dont work; mostly for future updates, etc... You can grab either the homebrew app IOS236 installer or you can grab it in the WAD form.

That should make your homebrew running a little better once you get IOS36 patched.
smile.gif
If it's already patched you should update all your IOS to current disregarding STUB IOS's seeing as all they do is take up space and nothing more
frown.gif

Have you considered Priiloader? it's a little better to boot up with then the bootmii not requiring a GameCube controller or having to alter between power and reset button on console. Also they have pluging for Priiloader one in particular "crazyintro" which is sadly easy to set up as long as you know how to type a few characters out for which button mapping you want. Examples are shown in the file itself so basicly copy & paste and replace 2 lines.
smile.gif

I use crazyintro in combination with Crap3.3b so all 10 buttons on my wii mote are shortcuts to any games i chose
smile.gif
or homebrew for that matter and it supports multi button combination so U,D,L,R could be an app or simply just L
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.