Homebrew Help question regarding Hugo 2.12..

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. i need some help here. I recently downloaded Hugo 2.12 on my soft modded Wii. I am running 3.2 on a US Wii. I followed the installation instructions for Hugo.(seemed pretty basic as i am currently running other emulators through Homebrew) I got everything put on the root of my SD card. I got the everything put in the apps folder. Created the Rom folder. I put the Blazing Lazers rom in the rom folder and it will not let me save. I read that the Load and save buttons were inverted but still no luck. All i get is a black screen? Could my rom be bad or am i doing something wrong?? I am stumped on this one.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I put the Blazing Lazers rom in the rom folder and it will not let me save.

does it even let you play the game ? you have to choose "Load Game" from the menu then pick your game from the file browser and it should automatically starts. If not, then it's either your rom which is corrupted or the emulator that does not support that game

also, Hugo GX does not have savestates support, it only have WRAM (SRAM ?) load/save feature which means it only saves for game that have internal backup feature such as role-playing games...
and it's not inverted, it's just the message that is wrong (it prints "saving file" when loading it and the contrary) but the menu options do what they are supposed to do (if I pick "Load WRAM", it will load the file...)

hope that help

Wiiman8709

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
I put the Blazing Lazers rom in the rom folder and it will not let me save.

does it even let you play the game ? you have to choose "Load Game" from the menu then pick your game from the file browser and it should automatically starts. If not, then it's either your rom which is corrupted or the emulator that does not support that game

also, Hugo GX does not have savestates support, it only have WRAM (SRAM ?) load/save feature which means it only saves for game that have internal backup feature such as role-playing games...
and it's not inverted, it's just the message that is wrong (it prints "saving file" when loading it and the contrary) but the menu options do what they are supposed to do (if I pick "Load WRAM", it will load the file...)

hope that help
Hey..really good info. I'm assuming that Blazing lazers does not have internal back up. I didn't know the difference between save states support and SRAM support. I play the game just fine, just can't save. Hopefully they will come out with save state support on the next update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?