Help Please! Wacom Intuos don't work...

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Metoroid0, Apr 15, 2013.

Apr 15, 2013
  1. Metoroid0
    OP

Member Metoroid0 Any objections Adam?

Japan
    Here's the thing.. I hawe Windows 7 operating system, but my Wacom Intuos GD-0608-R Serial port
    graphical Tablet wont work on Win7 (but it works on Windows XP)
    But because i don't have Serial port on my PC, i use This exact Serial to USB adapter (RS232) to connect tablet to pc, and i downloaded these Drivers for Tablet (just select "Windows XP" under "operating system" and under "product" let it be "please select..." option) and find these Drivers "pc478-6-X_en.exe" (use CTRL+F search function to find it faster)
    And those are the drivers i downloaded and installed.

Ok, so... Because i said that i use Windows 7 and This (serial) Wacom tablet drivers does not support Windows 7 operating system. So i came to idea to use Virtual Windows XP that i installed on my Windows 7 system... i used this for Virtual Machine emulator.. and it's doing Pretty Good, a real XP :)

So, i did everything. I installed Serial to USB adapter drivers on XP, installed drivers for tablet (all worked fine) but the tablet does not function! :(

What did i do wrong??

The tablet worked just fine on my real XP
    and also, when i go to Control panel and click on Wacom Tablet it said:

"Tablet version mismatch
    please reinstall the tablet software
    OK"