[Help needed]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Tsukinohana, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Tsukinohana
    OP

Tsukinohana Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    Hello, This is my first post here, so please excuse me for any mistakes I may have made.
    I seem to have run into an error and was asked to try making a thread here to see if I could get a solution and i'd be very thankful if someone could provide assistance.

The problem i've encountered is, I'm running homebrew through browserhax to use savemanager for my pokemon OR version. I seem to have encountered a problem where I cannot seem to import my save files to my game, ( I checked the SD and the "main" file for the backup is present so the backup function works, ) when I select the import function it goes to the black screen with the "importing data" message, but another message quickly plays afterwards and I'm taken back to the homebrew homescreen. ( i'm using the homebrew with the grid layout )

Could someone please advice me on how to fix this issue ? :c

2. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew ded

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Browserhax and Themehax can't run core1 apps so you will need to run an app/game first.
    *Turn on 3ds
    *Open music app (doesn't have to be music app)
    *close the app
    *open browserhax
    *open the save manager
    And it should work.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I run Themehax and Save Manager works fine without having to jump through any extra hoops.

4. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew ded

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    I don't know if save manager is a core1 homebrew I just thought it was because it wasn't working. I needed to do it for blagsnes.

5. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I know there were some reported issues with using the homebrew save manager apps with Mashers Grid launcher, but I don't know if they've been fixed.
    If all the above suggestions don't help, perhaps try with the 'vanilla'/default homebrew menu.

6. Tsukinohana
    OP

Tsukinohana Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    I tried this method and it doesn't seem to work, ( sometimes browserhax fails to launch, the time it did, savemanager still did not work.

7. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew ded

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    Try with smealums launcher as @duwen suggested.

8. Tsukinohana
    OP

Tsukinohana Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    I tried using the old "vanilla" homebrew and I encountered the same problem, I had a notion perhaps my save manager was bugged or outdated, so I got the version in https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/ <-- this link

It seems the problem's fixed now ( homebrew sometimes refuses to start, but I CAN import and export saves properly now )

Thank you VERY much for all your help everyone ! i'm extremely grateful for your advice ! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice