Hacking (Help) Luma 8.1.1: Splash screen doesn't appear!

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
I've got a New Nintendo 3DS XL hacked with boot9strap, and a Luma 8.1.1 CFW, with a 11.6.0-39U firmware. I've got in my head splash screens. So I've decided to make my own. That is, I wanted to make the top screen only instead of top and bottom screens. The image was a 400x264 size, converted with https://xem.github.io/3DShomebrew/tools/image-to-bin.html

I've used the Luma 8.1.1 Splash setting "before payload". That is, when I press the START button, it seems that it just boots into the HOME Menu without showing me any splash screen. Just black screen before booting succesfully into HOME Menu. I've located the BIN file into (DRIVE)\luma\splash.bin and I've been using this https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7k9o8f/guide_how_to_make_a_splash_screen/

Already followed the steps of making the splash, resizing it with paint.net (I resized it as a PNG), converting it to a BIN and then locating it on the previously mentioned Luma directory, proceeding with turning on the splash screen setting. Am I missing the bottom screen, or am I doing it wrong?

Honestly I don't care about the image being cropped with it being a 400x264 size. It's actually okay for me. But, does it have to be a EXACT size? Because I heard it just gets cropped. I heard it on the guide mentioned before.

Please help me. :ohnoes:

UPDATE: Already added a black bottom splash screen as "splashbottom.bin" file. Still doesn't work!

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
264? it's 240, this isn't a PSP lol

And yes, they must be exact size and a specific raw format (as the file gets loaded directly to video memory)

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
I don't know PSP's resolution, but that roast still lol.

All right; since I've got the bottom screen right just because I was trying if the bottom screen was the problem, I think I should crop off a bit of the top screen image. I'll try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast