Hacking Help Hacking a Korean Wii please

detourne_me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm a newbie for starters, but i read through pretty much every tutorial i could find and did some thorough researching on Wii Brew.
I bought A Korean Wii with a modchip in it - it also came with HBC installed with Gecko OS and Gecko Region Free

My Wii firmware is v3.3K
and I have HBC 1.0.1 and IOS36 v4.18
First thing I did was update HBC, then without checking to see if the Gecko programs worked.
I also did the complete Hello Kitty Backup Suite.
Now My games werent able to work, and when i tried to open the Gecko programs I got an error stating "This is not a valid Wii application"

I was able to find an updated version of the Gecko OS, so now it works with the new HBC, but I can't find any updates for Gecko Region Free.
So, can you help me please. Right now I see three different options, but i'm just too tired to figure out which is feasible...
1. There is an update of Gecko Region Free out there somewhere.. I just can't find it
2. I should downgrade my Hombrew Channel if possible (but i don't know how)
3. There are other region free programs out there, but I'm not aware of them...

Also, because Korean is not my first language, I was wondering if I could change the regions and system menus... After downloading the AnyRegion Changer, and the WiiRegion Changer I just found out that they don't have support for the Korean Firmwares yet... so I'm not sure I'd be able to change my Wii.
Thanks for the help.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
detourne_me said:
when i tried to open the Gecko programs I got an error stating "This is not a valid Wii application"
i think your gecko program is a elf file. so try to convert it to a dol file and then start it. since hbc beta 9 only dol files would work

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick one - Use the search function on the site as I know theres a thread about korean wiis from a man called kavid i think.

There is also a modified version of ARC with Korean support.

Hope that helps a bit.

detourne_me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you davedeluxe! That worked great, i just downloaded the elf-dol convertor and it works great now.
Skarface I think I'll take your advice. Maybe If i switch it to 3.2U then I'll be able to get the wii shop going on my system.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2