Help! Gateway 3DS Installation problem

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BrokenHearted, Oct 12, 2013.

1. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    I'm trying to install the Gateway 3DS and I'm following the User Guide that is provided with the Gateway 1.2 release. I'm at the second step, between b) and c). I've pressed A for Gateway to install but it seems to be stuck. It says "Programming" and there are stars after it, but it seems to be stuck on the before last star. I've been waiting about 15 minutes and the installation is not ending...

How long does it take to install? Has installation frozen? Can I shut off the 3DS? It won't damage my 3DS will it?

Thanks a lot.

2. TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    It shouldn't take long... like a few seconds. What's your 3DS' version?

3. TheDreamLord
    This message by TheDreamLord has been removed from public view by Cyan, Apr 21, 2014, Reason: double post.
    Oct 12, 2013
  4. sharkie545

sharkie545 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    That happened to me the first time i tried running the installer i didnt want to wait any longer so i turned it off and then turned it back on, tried it again this time it installed in two seconds. So it worked for me :)

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Yep, installing with the blue Gateway card is really quick, like 15-20 secs. It never froze on me. Just retry it. I assume you know your 3DS must be on 4.1-4.5 firmware, right? Also, if you have another DS flashcart that works on your 3DS, you can also try that instead of the blue Gateway. Just run the installer.

6. Railgun

Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Feb 20, 2006
    Gambia, The
    GBAtemp City
    Something similar happened to me once aswell. I had to shutdown the 3DS, I removed the card, moved it back in (maybe that was'nt necessary) and it worked.

7. BrokenHearted
    OP

BrokenHearted Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2010
    United States
    Whew... ok, I pressed the Home button but then cancelled and then installation ended. My firmware is 4.5.0-10E.

Anyway, I have another question. When I copied the files from the Blue Card (R4i) folder for the installation, I put it onto an microSD memory card. The user guide say that I have to redo step 2 every time the 3DS XL enters DS Mode. Does that mean I have to keep a microSD card just for installation? Can I put a game on the microSD card or is that card used up now?

Thanks!

8. sharkie545

sharkie545 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    You dont need to use that card anymore unless your going to be playing regular ds games (aka going into ds mode), all you have to do is run the exploit every time you turn the 3ds off (loading the ds profile) if you want to play 3ds backups

9. kevenka

kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    United States
    Texas
    sorry for reviving a dead thread but I know people here are prob most experienced with this product. I recently purchased gateway, waited 1 hour and it never finished "programming." I then proceeded to turn it off, take out and place the card back in and started agian; still no luck ):
    Can anyone help me please? o;

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    close the lid when it freezes and open it again

Captain Spauldin and mech like this.
  11. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    GO on your name change it for something else

12. godofwrath

godofwrath GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    *wrong thread lol, sorry. Delete this post please