help deciding

xXxM1NG0xXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys i really need help deciding on which console to get, i get my first pay check today and ill have enough for the 3ds or the ps3, okay but for the ps3 i have a coupon for 100$ off any 160 or 320 gb ps3 console and it expires this month on the 28 i believe, so in the end im gonna end up spending about 260$ for either console n i dont know what to get i really cant make up my mind
ohnoes.png

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PS3 has a lot of great games you would expect on a console, plus bluray support.

3DS has nothing really for now, but later a lot of fabulous games will be coming together with a revamped browser and app store.

I got myself the 3DS cuz I'm always out (the whole afternoon almost everyday) and my PS3 is now there sorta collecting dust (seriously no time to play but I love the games). So, yeah it depends on what you like and your 'situation'.
nyanya.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well my PS3 has gone unused for a while, but it has a fair amount of good games.
It's worth getting a PS3 just to play Valkyria Chronicles.
Demon's souls is great too, though.
Probably some other games you could find you'd like.

3DS doesn't have any games right now (it's pulling a launch-PS3). It'd be more wise to get the PS3 with the coupon, and then eventually get a 3DS when, probably, more games are out.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say go for the PS3 while the price is still good for it. It has some pretty fun RPGs if your that kind of person. Plus think of all the PS1 games you could catch up on if you missed out on them before! Besides the game playing aspect the Ps3 is a pretty good media player
smile.gif
and it upscales things nicely!

The 3DS at the moment doesn't really have anything going for it at the moment and is pretty costly but if your really willing to spend the money you have a great line up to look forward to for the year!

If you do go for the PS3 option some of the great exclusives are

Folklore - fun little Action RPG that has a delightful story line

Valkyria Chronicles - Decent tactical RPG that has a nice twist on tactical gameplay with a super narm of storylines!!!!

White Knight Chronicles - nothing to say

MGS4 - If you've played all 5 of the previous metal gear games before 4 (not including the PSP ones) 4 is a real treat but only if you have the past experience.

3D dot heroes - Classic zelda (Nes) style RPG.

Infamous - Really Nice sandbox game can't really put how awesome it is into words
ohnoes.png

If you go 3DS... Buy megaman legends 3 prototype :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water