ROM Hack [Help] Cheat code for Ultimate Angler

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know where is the right place to ask, and I wish I could figure out this cheat code by myself, but it's been several days with no luck.

I'm trying to create a cheat code (using @Nanquitas's CTRPluginFramework) for Ultimate Angler, one of the mini-games in StreetPass Mii Plaza. It would grant unlimited time, or at least, more time, to reel in a catch. I've played the game legitimately until now, where I'm at the point of only having the Rare/Golden species left to catch, and it's almost impossible to get them to bite 3+ times in a single outing.

Anyway, I've tried searching for 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit values, and I've tried searching for values increasing over time (to find the elapsed time of the reel-in) and decreasing over time (to find the remaining time of the reel-in), but haven't found any promising memory addresses. When the fish escapes and I need to cast again to continue reeling it in, I've first searched for the opposite (of "greater than" or "smaller than") since the time has reset, then continued searching in the original direction.

It's possible that the value for elapsed or remaining time doesn't reset in between casts, but keeps on counting, meaning the game would be comparing that value to the system's clock to determing the elapsed or remaining time. Whatever the case is, I'm out of my depth when it comes to determining how it works!

The game's TitleID is 0004001000021800, if anyone would like to give it a shot. Alternatively I could use a code that temporarily changes the colours of specified miis. ;)

[edit] BTW, my Mii Plaza is Ver.5.0.

Last edited by HelpTheWretched,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER