2. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • "Autoboot SysNAND"
    • "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
    • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
    • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
  3. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • Toggle "New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)" for improved game performance
  4. Press Start to save and reboot
    • If it freezes, hold the power button until it shuts down, then continue with the instructions
  5. For now, booting to a black screen or the message "An old unsupported NAND has been detected" on New 3DS is normal (New 3DS Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND), just continue with the instructions
Except for "New 3ds CPU", the option wasn't there.

This:
Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot

Doesn't work. When I press power, I just get a black screen which is normal according to point 5 above. I hold down START and press POWER but the screen remains black and nothing happens so I'm a bit worried now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I have a new problem.

I have done all of the following steps:

1. Hold select on boot to enter the Luma3DS menu
  2. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • "Autoboot SysNAND"
    • "Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R (A9LH)"
    • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings"
    • "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"
  3. If you are using a New 3DS, you should also enable the following:
    • Toggle "New 3DS CPU" to "Clock+L2(x)" for improved game performance
  4. Press Start to save and reboot
    • If it freezes, hold the power button until it shuts down, then continue with the instructions
  5. For now, booting to a black screen or the message "An old unsupported NAND has been detected" on New 3DS is normal (New 3DS Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND), just continue with the instructions
Except for "New 3ds CPU", the option wasn't there.

This:
Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot

Doesn't work. When I press power, I just get a black screen which is normal according to point 5 above. I hold down START and press POWER but the screen remains black and nothing happens so I'm a bit worried now.
Did you download Hourglass9 and put the .bin file in luma/payloads and rename it to start_hourglass.bin?

Reactions: Zizka

Zizka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, it's working now for some reason. I had to try a few more times! I don't understand why it would work the first few times but it does now.

"Verifying dump via .SHA"

Reactions: Quantumcat

Zizka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright another question:

Clear Home Menu's extdata by navigating to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
However, when I check my folder: I get the following:
2sT3Bgg.png

The guide mentions: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/

So I only have five files (unidentified) in the folder. Also, it's not in the same folder as mentioned in the guide. I just want to make sure before I delete those files as I have 5 but there 6 mentioned in the guide.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 121

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright another question:

Clear Home Menu's extdata by navigating to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
However, when I check my folder: I get the following:
2sT3Bgg.png

The guide mentions: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/

So I only have five files (unidentified) in the folder. Also, it's not in the same folder as mentioned in the guide. I just want to make sure before I delete those files as I have 5 but there 6 mentioned in the guide.
I've never deleted them when I've followed the guide - you can just leave it and revisit it later if you have problems. I think it's related to clearing menuhax but not sure (if it is, you didn't use menuhax so it wouldn't affect you anyway).

Reactions: Zizka

Zizka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright! I'm all done. The guide doesn't say what's next however? Where am I to proceed from here?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/

Scan the QR code with FBI's QR code install option. Then Google 3ds titlekeys to find the database site. There's an orange button with a green picture of a QR code on it. Click that. Then, in freeShop, go to the cog icon (settings) then the update tab, then hit the little button that looks like a QR code on the left. The camera opens. Then scan the big QR code on the titlekeys site. Then hit Select (or maybe it's Start) and freeShop will close. Open it again and hit the magnifying glass icon (search). Search for a game and press X to put it in the download queue or A to see info about it.

Zizka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scan the QR code with FBI's QR code install option. Then Google 3ds titlekeys to find the database site. There's an orange button with a green picture of a QR code on it. Click that. Then, in freeShop, go to the cog icon (settings) then the update tab, then hit the little button that looks like a QR code on the left. The camera opens. Then scan the big QR code on the titlekeys site. Then hit Select (or maybe it's Start) and freeShop will close. Open it again and hit the magnifying glass icon (search). Search for a game and press X to put it in the download queue or A to see info about it.

I'm guessing you mean to Google 3ds titlekeys from the 3ds internet browser. When I try to go on the internet, I get a message saying that a system update is necessary to go on the internet. Should I risk it? If not, are there other ways I should proceed?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm guessing you mean to Google 3ds titlekeys from the 3ds internet browser. When I try to go on the internet, I get a message saying that a system update is necessary to go on the internet. Should I risk it? If not, are there other ways I should proceed?
No, just on your computer. The titlekeys website has the QR code that you need to scan with freeShop to get the game information.
If you were successful at installing a9lh, you can update your system to the latest version through System Settings anyway :-)

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat i finally got my o3DS on official firmware 2.1.0-4E, i will start working on it later tonight but for now i downloaded all that is needed from Part 3 of the guide as you said i could skip Part 1 and 2 since i am already on ofw 2.1.0. Now, just a little confusion, is it safe to proceed to step 7 of Part 3 Section 1 and ignore this(below) for now, since i skipped part 1 and 2 and got no nand backup yet? and once Part 3 Section 1 is done, i will have to go straight to Part 3 Section IV to be able to have a nand backup after all is done right?hope im understanding this correctly so i dont have to stop midway or end up with missing files on the SD,. ;

" 6. Ensure NANDmin.bin and NANDmin.bin.sha are in the /files9/ folder on your SD card. If you do not have this backup, keep reading, there are instructions in Section IV for you to follow. "

By the way many thanks @Zizka and im sorry i hijacked the thread you created.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Hyoretsu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==