Hacking Help boot9strap install error?

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! AdenTheThird here, and I have a problem that has come up with one of my 3ds's that I'm installing LumaCFW on.

This is a blue old 2ds running firmware 11.8.0.40U. I am using the seedminer method to install Luma. Upon launching b9s tool, it says 'for users running 11.8 only', so I double-checked and it was. I selected 'install boot9strap', and it seemed to have worked, so I powered down and turned on the system. The menu booted normally. I tried again. Nothing had changed. I followed zoogie's troubleshooting guide, but after restoring to stock firmware there was no third option for restoring the backup. My guess is something I may have missed in the latest firmware, because I have installed boot9strap using seedminer many times and have never had this happen before.

I can provide additional details as necessary.

Once again, thank you to all who contribute to issues like the one I am having right now. Your work is not unnoticed.
Sincerely,
AdenTheThird

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! AdenTheThird here, and I have a problem that has come up with one of my 3ds's that I'm installing LumaCFW on.

This is a blue old 2ds running firmware 11.8.0.40U. I am using the seedminer method to install Luma. Upon launching b9s tool, it says 'for users running 11.8 only', so I double-checked and it was. I selected 'install boot9strap', and it seemed to have worked, so I powered down and turned on the system. The menu booted normally. I tried again. Nothing had changed. I followed zoogie's troubleshooting guide, but after restoring to stock firmware there was no third option for restoring the backup. My guess is something I may have missed in the latest firmware, because I have installed boot9strap using seedminer many times and have never had this happen before.

Once again, thank you to all who contribute to issues like the one I am having right now. Your work is not unnoticed.
Sincerely,
AdenTheThird

Seedminer doesn't have 100% success rate, you just gonna have to keep trying.

Reactions: AdenTheThird

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Sincerely,
AdenTheThird
Redownload b9sTool, it was recently updated.
https://github.com/zoogie/b9sTool/releases/tag/v5.0.0

The troubleshooting was updated too, re-read it as well.
https://github.com/zoogie/b9sTool/blob/v5.0.0/TROUBLESHOOTING.md

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol