Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this an Erista? Yes
Not ipatched/chipped? Unpatched, no chip
Do you have autoRCM on? Nop
What firmware version is it? 14.0.0
Can you power completely off, do a normal power on (OFW), and play a game cartridge? yes but I only have one to test (BOTW)
You didn't try installing a firmware using anything other than either online or with Daybreak, did you? nop, haven't mess around with that

If HW issue I'll have to get another one then
Have you gone into maintenance mode and reset the system? Try that, if not.

Also, are you sure hekate_ipl.ini is the same as your working card?

Also, just for grins, try to install firmware again and be sure to select fat32 + exfat (there is no reason not to on your firmware version). If you don't already have the files, use AIO installer to both grab the files and launch daybreak: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/releases

I'm pretty sure all options are exhausted after that, except for sending it to a real electronics repair person...

Reactions: jmanjfan

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
being that the case, would you recommend this one?
I know they're cheap. Are you confident you could replace it by yourself? If not, you might want to bring the console to a repair shop. Do you remember taking the SD card out and inserting it in very often before? Because it's not recommended, as the durability of the slot is questionable at best. It's better to copy data through USB (with Hekate) and installing games also with a USB cable.

jmanjfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Have you gone into maintenance mode and reset the system? Try that, if not.

Also, are you sure hekate_ipl.ini is the same as your working card?

Also, just for grins, try to install firmware again and be sure to select fat32 + exfat (there is no reason not to on your firmware version). If you don't already have the files, use AIO installer to both grab the files and launch daybreak: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/aio-switch-updater/releases

I'm pretty sure all options are exhausted after that, except for sending it to a real electronics repair person...

I haven't done the maintenance, doing it in a few, will edit with the results

the hekate ini is there
Will try the AIO once that I'm done with the maintenance mode and only if no relusts are positive, will share the update on edit,

I know they're cheap. Are you confident you could replace it by yourself? If not, you might want to bring the console to a repair shop. Do you remember taking the SD card out and inserting it in very often before? Because it's not recommended, as the durability of the slot is questionable at best. It's better to copy data through USB (with Hekate) and installing games also with a USB cable.
I think I can replace it, I have the tools, I've opened and cleaned repasted the other Switch that does work with fusee, didn't had any issues there

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt the problem is with the sd socket. Your info screen showed that you were connected in 4 bit mode. If there were a problem, but still able to sort of work with hekate, it would have said 1 bit. If it was intermittent, you likely would have hit an error during the partitioning/formatting. If it's hardware, it's likely the emmc itself, or ram, but it doesn't feel like a ram problem to me...

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't done the maintenance, doing it in a few, will edit with the results

the hekate ini is there
Will try the AIO once that I'm done with the maintenance mode and only if no relusts are positive, will share the update on edit,

I think I can replace it, I have the tools, I've opened and cleaned repasted the other Switch that does work with fusee, didn't had any issues there
when you formatted to fat32, what program did you use and what cluster size.

your sd files, are they vanilla files from atmosphere github, hekate github, itotal sigpatches? or is it a repack of sorts?

jmanjfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I highly doubt the problem is with the sd socket. Your info screen showed that you were connected in 4 bit mode. If there were a problem, but still able to sort of work with hekate, it would have said 1 bit. If it was intermittent, you likely would have hit an error during the partitioning/formatting. If it's hardware, it's likely the emmc itself, or ram, but it doesn't feel like a ram problem to me...
I don't like the term eMMC, that means that basically is dead ain't it?
Also, finished with the Maintenance, no changes aside from the fact that now fusee gives me the same black screen with nothing that it did before
when you formatted to fat32, what program did you use and what cluster size.

your sd files, are they vanilla files from atmosphere github, hekate github, itotal sigpatches? or is it a repack of sorts?
First I formated them with FPW 16kb, then I formated from hekate 64kb
all the files got them latest from every github

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, finished with the Maintenance, no changes aside from the fact that now fusee gives me the same black screen with nothing that it did before

Some people might give me crap for suggesting this, but... the .zip files you have from github... right-click them and choose properties. Do you see a check box near the bottom, next to a security warning that says "unblock"?

If you do, unblock them. Then extract them all to your card again. But honestly I'm almost 100% certain that none of this would have an effect on making an emmc backup. I don't see how you could boot into OFW and play BotW either, if there was an emmc problem :unsure:

And for good measure, run Lockpick_RCM to ensure you have a proper dump of all of your keys. (put the .bin in /bootloader/payloads, and choose the payload from nyx)

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hmm. try this program, using fat32 32k cluster size.

and if you could, humor me with using this bare bones repack i just made. and boot into syscfw from hekate's "launch" menu or create emunand and use the 2nd launch option. I dont think you can boot using fusee with out having a emunand on RAW1 but dont quote me. in any case, syscfw would be cfw on the sysnand so fair warning, otherwise create a emunand.

this zip should play any and all games on syscfw or emunand assuming you boot through the hekate's launch menu.

Attachments

• drop contents onto root of sd.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 84

jmanjfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

and if you could, humor me with using this bare bones repack i just made. and boot into syscfw from hekate's "launch" menu or create emunand and use the 2nd launch option. I dont think you can boot using fusee with out having a emunand on RAW1 but dont quote me. in any case, syscfw would be cfw on the sysnand so fair warning, otherwise create a emunand.

this zip should play any and all games on syscfw or emunand assuming you boot through the hekate's launch menu.
You are awesome (sort of), so... long story short, formated with that program and from the rar I just added tinfoil and goldleaf.
fusee wont boot, but hekate does
goldleaf doesn't work but tinfoil now does, and it does let me install the games that goldleaf didn't let, so as far as I'm concerned it works bettar than what it was
tried 4 cards to make the nand back up to no avail, all have error at one point or another but if it works i don't mind

TLDR you are awesome and we can mark this as a solution

Reactions: Chaosta

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are awesome (sort of), so... long story short, formated with that program and from the rar I just added tinfoil and goldleaf.
fusee wont boot, but hekate does
goldleaf doesn't work but tinfoil now does, and it does let me install the games that goldleaf didn't let, so as far as I'm concerned it works bettar than what it was
tried 4 cards to make the nand back up to no avail, all have error at one point or another but if it works i don't mind

TLDR you are awesome and we can mark this as a solution
well thats still strange goldleaf now doesnt wanna work and you cant make a emunand lol but if your happy im happy xD

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For future reference, autonogc=1 causes trouble for people (if they use a cartridge, like ever...), and there is zero point, unless you are holding out on fw 4.1 or lower for warmboot. I would go so far as to add stratosphere.ini in there with:
Code:
[stratosphere]
nogc = 0

Perhaps fusee's code only defaults it to NOCG = 1, if you're actually between FW 4 and 9, but I haven't studied it that much. I've just seen too many people black screen, and it was that setting while a game card was inserted during boot...

Otherwise, yup. This is as bare bones as it comes :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: