• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,561
  • Replies 7
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello I am new to gbatemp and am looking for 3ds homebrew help i know it is dead but i don't have a switch

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

OP
the 3ds isn't isn't dead?! cool I was on a gbatemp chat room and the person there said that 3ds homebrew never really took off so that is great news! do you know how to add a software keyboard to a homebrew application or anybody I could ask for help on this one I am learning C++ and my goal is to make a minecraft clone like Craftus or 3dscraft currently i am working on two projects a text editor and a text based RPG (Role Playing Game) the problem I am having is that I can not figure out how to put a background photo in either of these programs or software keyboard.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the 3ds isn't isn't dead?! cool I was on a gbatemp chat room and the person there said that 3ds homebrew never really took off so that is great news! do you know how to add a software keyboard to a homebrew application or anybody I could ask for help on this one I am learning C++ and my goal is to make a minecraft clone like Craftus or 3dscraft currently i am working on two projects a text editor and a text based RPG (Role Playing Game) the problem I am having is that I can not figure out how to put a background photo in either of these programs or software keyboard.
I think there is some example for software keyboard in the devkitpro examples

D

Deleted User

OP
yeah i tried that and it was hard to discern what was what

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also there is a example where you add a background photo but it does not compile it says this

C:\Users\Ryu\Desktop\24bit-color>make
main.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/build/main.d -g -Wall -O2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffunction-sections -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -mtp=soft -I/home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/include -I/opt/devkitpro/libctru/include -I/home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/source/main.c -o main.o
C:/Users/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/source/main.c:20:10: fatal error: brew_bgr.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "brew_bgr.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_rules:85: main.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:179: all] Error 2

C:\Users\Ryu\Desktop\24bit-color>

darkweb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i tried that and it was hard to discern what was what

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also there is a example where you add a background photo but it does not compile it says this

C:\Users\Ryu\Desktop\24bit-color>make
main.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -MMD -MP -MF /home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/build/main.d -g -Wall -O2 -mword-relocations -fomit-frame-pointer -ffunction-sections -march=armv6k -mtune=mpcore -mfloat-abi=hard -mtp=soft -I/home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/include -I/opt/devkitpro/libctru/include -I/home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/build -DARM11 -D_3DS -c /home/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/source/main.c -o main.o
C:/Users/Ryu/Desktop/24bit-color/source/main.c:20:10: fatal error: brew_bgr.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "brew_bgr.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_rules:85: main.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:179: all] Error 2

C:\Users\Ryu\Desktop\24bit-color>
I have this issue too and it looks like the 3ds-examples release might be broken. You can fix it by replacing the Makefile with the one in the devkitpro 3ds-examples /devkitPro/3ds-examples/blob/master/graphics/bitmap/24bit-color/Makefile) repository and then it should compile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later