Headache issue

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by SuperTrever, Mar 25, 2011.

Mar 25, 2011

Headache issue by SuperTrever at 9:41 PM (749 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. SuperTrever
    OP

Member SuperTrever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It'd sort of be my luck to get my 3DS and the 3D ends up giving me headaches and eye strain and all the other symptoms people are complaint about with the 3D effect on. I was just wondering if it's possible to train your eyes to be okay with the 3D, that'd be nice. I know you can just simply turn it off, but the 3D is the feature that this handheld console is known for. It's not the best feature that it has, but it's the one Nintendo really likes to milk. Theres gonna be a lot of games that look great in 3D and I don't wanna miss out on it.

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Just keep using 3D, you will get used to it. Just like new glasses (no idea how glasses work, my friend gave that example).

3. Ssx9

Member Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    It's not really like you can 'train'. Just adjust the 3D depth until you get to pick up one that doesn't give you much headaches, then try to get used to it. I heard that it's kinda hard to get used with in the first minutes, but after that, you won't feel a thing while using it.

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    You should play around with the 3D Slider until you find a 3D intensity that's right for you.

Like omgpwn666 said, your eyes should adapt to the 3D effect after a while.

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes actually part of it IS training your eyes... Your eyes naturally try to focus on objects when you look at them... The problem comes with the fact that there isn't any TRUE depth (it's 2 flat surfaces display different images) so if your eyes try to focus further down into the screen your eyes become strained and don't focus properly giving yourself headaches.

After time your eyes learn not to focus on where the item SHOULD be in 3d space, but rather BEFORE them (where the screen actually is). It'll probably never be 100%, but the more you play with 3d on the more your eyes will adapt.

That's also why very few games actually make use of pop-out 3d because your eyes will try to focus on a point before the screen and with a very short distance between you, the screen, and where the image "appears" it causes much more strain.

6. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You simply have to train your eyes. Play around with the 3D slider; You should get a depth that is right for you.

7. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    I got a headache for the first... hour of play. Then I took a... 15 minute break, went back to it, and after a little while my eyes just plain adjusted. I guess your eyes need to get used to a small screen producing a 3D effect.