1. LeHiepDuy

OP LeHiepDuy Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    I just noticed today in my hbmenu it says dirty in my sysnand(yes,i know ,I'm an idiot for doing so,I trusted some random guys on the internet,whom they told me I won't get ban if I only use overclock on customsysnand to play online games).Should I be worried? Should I immediately restore my sysnand backup ?Here is a pic of what It said.Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Hologram likes this.
  2. LyuboA

LyuboA Unknown Entity

Bulgaria
    those are the version of hbmenu and hbloader dirty means its not final build not stable version theres No where you can see if you have dirty sysnand you just know by the things you've done maybe you should read how to use your console first

LeHiepDuy likes this.
  3. LeHiepDuy

OP LeHiepDuy Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Thanks for the fast reply,that's really helpful,i guess i'm just being paranoia once again

4. ELY_M

ELY_M Developer
    Developer

United States
    it is someone's built hbmenu not official one.

LeHiepDuy likes this.
  5. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    It's worth noting that using ANY sort of custom firmware and/or homebrew on sysnand can get you banned. If you care about online play, it's probably not worth the risk just so you can overclock.

LeHiepDuy likes this.
  6. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You need dual boot to keep online safe. You also need carts or digital downloads to play online safely like a normal switch.

LeHiepDuy likes this.
  7. LeHiepDuy

OP LeHiepDuy Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Yeah,i can agree with you on that,but the thing is many online multiplayer games on switch run so horrible on handheld and even docked(Fornite,warface..),overclock make it much more playable for me.

8. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    If that's the case then you need a more capable gaming machine and not a Switch where everything has been crammed into a tablet form factor, at the expense of performance. Nintendo could very well ban you for running CFW on their console, and they could even turn around and say you were cheating, as the higher FPS rate gives you a slight edge over players on a stock Switch.

Do what you want, but be aware that if Nintendo bans you, there's no undoing it. In case you didn't know, restoring a previous backup will NOT circumvent a ban.

LeHiepDuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Hbmenu, dirty,