HBC and Loaders long Loading Time

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stef2000, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009
  1. Stef2000
    OP

Newcomer Stef2000 Newbie

United States
    Short:

2 Wiis - one Loading HBC in 5 secs the other one takes 30 sec. Any idea of the cause?
    When loading HBC straight from PriiLoader without going through the System Menu, it only takes 5 seconds as well.

Long:

Hi all,

This is my first post after months of reading on this wondeful forum. Thanks to all that contribute.

I've two similar Wiis purchased around the same time, both initial 3.4E,downgraded to 3.2 usinig Waninkoko's online downgrader, + preloader + CIOS etc.

But one of the two is taking about 30 seconds to load HBC or any USB loader (even full Channel Loaders) while the other one loads in 3-4 seconds.

Both Wiis have a ribbon drivechip (one with Wasabi DX the other with DriveKey) but I doubt this would matter...

I thought it may be solved by if upgrading system menu and CIOSes, so I followed xzxero's guide for upgrading. Everything works like a charm but that difference in loading times is still there.

I used the same guides (3.4E -> 3.2E and 3.2E -> 4.2E) the only difference was the CIOS249 version used (V8 for the fast loading one and V11 for the second one).

Now they both have CIOS249/250 V15 + Herme's.

Does anyone have a clue of what could be the cause?

I migh have messed up some WADs on the slow wii by deleting some game chanels directly from the Wii menu without removing tickets.

Also, with the "Slow one" when turning off the Wii with the Wiimote, sometimes the power led goes fully off (black) instead of turning red. I then need to remove the power cable to be able to turn it on again.
    Standby mode causes no problem.

Thanks for the help.

2. SnacksHacks

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    does the slow Wii have an LU64+ serial? LU64s don't handle homebrew well, but it's possible to do it.

3. Stef2000
    OP

Newcomer Stef2000 Newbie

United States
    Thanks for your response.

The serial starts with LEH2552, its actually one of the first wave of black epoxy Wiis with BootV2.

Could it be due to leftovers of Preloader 0.28 ?

4. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    do they both behave the same with no HDD connected and the same SD card?

5. Stef2000
    OP

Newcomer Stef2000 Newbie

United States
    The difference in HBC loading time from System Menu is there even with nothing in USB ports and SD Slot.

6. Stef2000
    OP

Newcomer Stef2000 Newbie

United States
    Hint anyone?

How long does it take for your HBC to load from System Menu ?