Hax setup before downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eskuero, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    Well, my EUR region 3DS is actually on 10.3 version where I installed a few legit .cia.
    Now I wanted to downgrade to 9.2 in order to setup emunand and rxtools. However in 10.3 I already have menuhax and ironhax both fully working.

I know in order to make them work in 9.2 I need to install the 9.2 payload before downgrading. However this shouldn't be a big deal since I should be able to run brownserhax on 9.2 anyway.

Should I downgrade both to 9.2 payloads before downgrading the system? Can I do this manually to menuhax after downgrading system by replacing .bin file in the root or should I delete menuhax before downgrading to avoid some isses like blackscreen?

2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    to avoid blackscreen just take out sd card and i don0t suggest you to downgrade payloads until you have a working 9.2. also ironfall invasion does not work on 9.2

3. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    Then if I keep my 10.3 payload on ironhax and later update emunand to 10.3 I still should be able to access it when on cfw right?

4. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    well, if you use emunand9tool to copy nand to emunand then yes, tough i suggest you to install the homebrew loader .cia version maded by yellow8, google it and you will find it.

5. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to say that I succesfully downgraded without issues :)
    sysUpdater booted just fine first attempt and I didn't had to pull out sdcard because no black screen appeared after rebooting :)
    Thanks for the help, I'll post again if I have some question.

6. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    Well everything went pretty well except for the point that after unlinking my nands by formatting sysnand I can't access nnid, and therefore eshop, pokebank and everything that depends from nnid from my emunand. I keep getting the error 002-2634.

There's any way of fixing this that doesn't include formatting emunand and manually login on it again?
    If that's the only way there's a method to backup and restore my data before so I don't lose my FC, my list friend, all of the activity logs and etc? :(

7. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    if your 3DS is an old one then go into your emunand and go into settings to update your emunand to 10.3, then you can relink your NNID.

8. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    My emunand is already on 10.3 and has the nnid setup on it since it was copied from my sysnand 9.2 after I downgraded, but I'm unable to use it for accessing eShop and other services requesting it because later I unlinked sysnand.
    I can ofc format my emunand and setup the nnid again, but I don't want to lose my fc and my friend list.

9. WaffleWafer

WaffleWafer GBATemp Novice Lurker

Aug 1, 2015
    Mexico
  10. Eskuero
    OP

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    I finally fixed it without formatting my emunand by doing this:

1 - Leaving the 32 GB card with my daily driver emunand outside of 3DS.
    2 - Setting up a new emunand on the old 4 GB sdcard I had.
    3 - Unlinking the two new sysnand and emunand by formatting sysnand 9.2
    4 - Updating the new emunand to 10.3 and setting up my nnid from there.
    5 - Bring back my 32 GB sdcard onto my 3DS and try to login onto nnid, worked perfectly.

I had to format sysnand again in order to unlink it from the emunand I created on my old sdcard, so I had to reinstall homemenuhax and few gba cias, but that's definitely better than losing my FC and my friend list. Thanks for the help to everyone.