Having trouble with my Earthbbound Zero save file.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ceravic, Aug 17, 2008.

1. ceravic
    OP

ceravic Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2008
    United States
    I'm trying to import it from a PC version of FCEU to the Wii version and its just not even recognizing the save file, nor is it saving when I try to make one. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you remedy it?

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Many NES emulators have saving issues. I've never been able to battery saves work for any game on PSP...

Buy a cartridge? Not likely. The only way to play using an NES in English is by finding a prototype, or buying/making a cartridge of dubious legality that has the ROM copied to it. The game was never officially released outside Japan.

3. Prince Valmont

Prince Valmont GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Midwest

Wow, such the charmer.

4. ceravic
    OP

ceravic Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2008
    United States
    I own all 3 Mother games thank you, and if you can convince Nintendo to pay some attention to the Mother series outside of Japan I'd gladly buy 2-3 copies of each game. Until then unfortunately I have to make due on my Earthbound SNES cart and my attempt to get to play this game on a TV.

5. alex

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    Gosh, why did you join this forum, everyone here is a pirate in one way, get used to it!

Wait, so it won't read it? They both use the same save format right? Or try a different emulator, or use the computer again! I don't know. [​IMG]

6. retrospect

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    There are a few versions of the Earthbound Zero rom out there - patched and unpatched. Unpatched is much harder to find (well, it used to be). Whichever version you're using try another one.

NB: Alex, I haven't pirated a single thing on the Wii, so not everyone.

7. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    But downloading Earthbound Zero is pirating... [​IMG]

8. ceravic
    OP

ceravic Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2008
    United States
    Not only will it not read it but when I try to save the game on my wii it doesn't create a save game either. As soon as I turn the wii off the save file is lost.

I believe I'm using the one that was patched by demiforce. I'll try to find an unpatched one.

9. samsam12

samsam12 Test

Banned
    May 13, 2008
    United States
    A House
    you could just use save states.