Hacking Has anyone started poking around the 3DS?

TheAmericanNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the 3DS out in Japan, and about to be released elsewhere, I was just wondering if any hackers/developers have confirmed that they have one and are looking at the protection systems in it. I understand it will take quite sometime before we get some homebrew apps/games that run in 3DS mode, so don't worry, I'm not going to be the 1245348th person to ask that question. I'm just wondering if anyone has been looking at it, and has written about the kind of protections it has. Judging by the DS web browser I'm betting I'm going to want a homebrew browser, plus I am thinking of getting a Caanoo or Wiz, but if the 3DS will be running SNES9x (better than the DS) and Dos emus and everything I get with the Caanoo, then maybe I save my money.

I understand knowing how long it will take is impossible to know, what I am asking if someone has taken a look at it and has written about it, I have enough understanding of security systems that I could understand what they would be talking about somewhat, and would find that interesting.

Also, as an aside, since Nintendo never released any official specs, surely someone has put the 3DS through its paces and figured all that out at least?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
there are vids and pics that the 3ds has been disassembled already. but i don't know about the hacking.

i say wait for a few months before progress will be made.

TheAmericanNomad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I suppose it is too early to hope for any specs. I was just hoping someone had imported it and had made some headway. Anyway, thanks for the update
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FETiHaCSc