Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

bhxson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've followed the one 3DS unban method and had a different movable.sed, but after reinjecting the modded lfcs_b, I'm still banned when viewing my friends list. I'm pretty sure that I edited the hex values properly, since the 00 values in line 00000100 match up between the modified lfcs_b and the original.

If anyone has any ideas on why it wouldn't work even with a different movable please let me know!
Thanks

D

Deleted User

As a french lawyer, I can confirm that Nintendo (at least in EU, didn't read other regions Terms and Conditions) has the right to revoke your license (= take your digital game from you) if you break the contract you've concluded with them. And piracy is obviously not allowed by the Terms and Conditions.
People who decided to keep the leak are risking this lol.

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I've followed the one 3DS unban method and had a different movable.sed, but after reinjecting the modded lfcs_b, I'm still banned when viewing my friends list. I'm pretty sure that I edited the hex values properly, since the 00 values in line 00000100 match up between the modified lfcs_b and the original.

If anyone has any ideas on why it wouldn't work even with a different movable please let me know!
Thanks
If u modded the lfcs and the content its the same that was before, then it wont work.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
banning the eshop is stuipd since you don't pirate from the eshop and there banning you from the eshop for playing a pirated game online they ban you from buying legit games so your only option is to pirate eshop games the ban was for playing sun and moon onlline early that does not need and eshop ban only a console ban and yah pokebanks fucked since it uses nnid and theres no way to bypass that ban yet

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

dorisnov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Another question: I have a O3DS with no CFW o A9LH and i'm gonna install it following the Plailect guide. It will generate a diferent LFCS or movable seed from the one I had at the beginning?

TY!

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i get why they would do the game ban but banning the eshop as well is stupid do you think pirates that got sun and moon early use the eshop often and if they do your taking all there legit games a way and forcing them to pirate eshop games

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
NO 022-2812 FIX
Really bad.
The CTCert looks something like this.
iM4AG9j.png

At the middle is the CTCert "serial number" containing the DeviceID and the device type. In this case, a production 3DS. But wait, what are those random bytes at the top and bottom?
SIGNATURES.
THAT NINTENDO VERIFIES WITH THE DEVICE ID.

Unless we can magically figure out how to change the DeviceID in here and re-sign this, we're locked out completely. In other words, we're fucked.

bhxson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok strange , you use emunand for launch cia ?
not really sure, just followed the dsiware downgrade guide. Both systems involved are banned which explains the issue with the movable not working, but idk why a clean lfcs doesn't work either

tomorrow morning I'll restore all the original files and then try injecting the clean lfcs again and see if it changes anything.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey need some help. Im trying to unban myself with the public file. Im not sure what "Decrypt9" is though. I paid to have my 3ds modded so i dont have anyone i can go to.

Is decrypt9 a cia i need to install??

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the vast majority of countries, copyright infringement and theft are two separate statutes. Therefore it is hyperbole to state that copyright infringement ("piracy") is theft/stealing. It is copyright infringement. Nothing more and nothing less. No need to be hyperbolic about it. Still illegal, but not theft. Just because you are morally opposed to something doesn't magically turn one crime into another. Criminal codes are clearly delineated when it comes to theft and copyright infringement. If you have a moral opposition to infringement that's fine. But you are entering the realm of opinion rather than fact when you say that it is stealing.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1985 that infringement does not equate with theft. See Dowling v. United States (1985), 473 U.S. 207, 217–218).

Also at least in the US there is no such thing as a "Criminal lawsuit." Lawsuits are within the civil domain. You do not go to jail or prison losing a lawsuit* unless your country has debtor prisons and you refuse to pay if you get a judgement against you awarding damages to the other party. If you lose a lawsuit and refuse to pay then you go into debt and depending on the state your wages can be garnished, a lien can be placed against one or more assets, and/or the winning party can be entitled to withholding from your checking account(s). * = Two notable exceptions are lawsuits where the plaintiff is the Internal Revenue Service and cases involving child support ("deadbeat fathers.")

If you wish to prove me wrong, look through case law on LexisNexis or WestLaw and cite specific cases where a defendant was convicted of theft and/or larceny for copyright infringement and the appellate court(s) upheld the judgement. If you can find even one case then judicial precedence could perhaps establish that copyright infringement is theft. I'll also accept citations of non-U.S. cases if the source is credible for case law. And before you cite Dowling v. US, know that

Alternatively, you could look through statutes for a developed first world country such as those in Western Europe, Canada, United States, etc where either a theft or larceny statute would apply to copyright infringement.

An example of theft would be removing a physical copy of Pokémon Sun and/or Moon from GameStop without paying for it and without authorization. That would be the act of stealing.

If it were possible to convict someone of theft and/or larceny for copyright infringement then prosecutors would most certainly do so. Prosecutors in the U.S. have a habit of overcharging people so they can pressure the defendant into a proffer (plea bargain).

Again, copyright infringement is still illegal and indeed can be considered a felony in some cases (such as being the original source to leak a prerelease games), but it is not "stealing." It is copyright infringement. No need to say an apple is also an orange in addition to being an apple.

But ultimately, yes, Nintendo can deny anyone access to their servers for any reason or even no reason. At least in the U.S. that is within their rights.
...You were bored, huh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw