Hacking hard drive problem!

illuvatar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone just wondering if somneone can help me out...

i've just got a hard drive for my wii and it works fine when i'm ripping games using the wii drive, but when i try to connect the drive to my computer it comes up as a usb drive but i can't access it.

the drive is a toshiba 120gb and the device manager in windows recognises it but it's not showing as a usable drive

any ideas

thanks

illuvatar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've tried that but it's not showing as a selectable drive, even when i go through 'my computer' on windows it doesn't show up

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you hook it up to the computer first before formatting it to wbfs?

Might be that it doesnt have the proper drivers installed.

My advice would be to reformat the whole thing to fat32 or ntfs through disk management in windows and then after that use wii backup manager to format it to wbfs.

Also in wii backup manager make sure you go into options >settings>drives> and make sure the box that says use mounted volumes only is unchecked

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
before formatting anything

right click computer, go to "manage", then click disk management, wait for it to load your HDDs, look for your hard drive, if it doesn't have a drive letter associated with it, right click and add a drive letter, u should be able to do this without formatting it.

Then it should show up as an un-usable drive in windows (but u can then still use the program in wbfs manager)

alternatively, u can start wii backup manager, go to the options, there is something there that u can check or uncheck that will allow u to see all the drives, even those without drive letters, do that, and your drive may appear in that list

if this doesn't work for u, then I would try what icpmattj suggested

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo