Hacking Hard drive not reconized

Bigle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Night I hacked my wii for the first time I did get a backup to load with my flash drive but today tried using a HDD and it will not mount the drive it is FAT32 using modmii and config USB loader is there any steps i am missing here ?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The wii is very picky about drives that work. (At least it used to be like that). What model and size of drive are you trying to use? I had the best results with a cheap usb enclosure and a 2.5 inch laptop drive. How did you create the fat32 partition on the drive?
Wbfs has become pretty much absolete. Most modern usb loaders can work with fat32.

Reactions: shortz1994

Bigle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a Western Digital Laptop drive in an enclosure 250 GB and I formatted using the gui fat32 program that modmii downloaded in the pack

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a Western Digital Laptop drive in an enclosure 250 GB and I formatted using the gui fat32 program that modmii downloaded in the pack
if it is the style that has the pig tail's. (two usb with a mini for encloser.) one of the pigs ( the smaller wire size.) is the power. an you'll need to have both using the usb ports in the back.
or you can do what i do. i have a usb wall charger for my windows phone. an use it as the power source. then just hook the second usb to the wii.
but watche using it when your done using the hdd you unplug the power or it will send feed back an could possiably damage the usb ports or wii. some times i have to wait till both the bigger usbs wires are plugged in then plug the hdd up. then turn the wii on. that way it's started the spin up to be read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt