OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I updated to 4.2E through nintendo and reinstalled HBS, Bootmii and DVDx.

I then followed the 'Modify any Wii' guide to the last letter multiple times over but i cant get any USB drives to be recognised at all.

I have tested 4 different drives through HB apps that i used a lot (mplayer, wiixplorer, Triiforce) and also usb loader wich doesnt work either.

With usb drive plugged in it doesnt give me any options to mount it in HBC.

Can anyone help with this? My 1TB drive is feeling lonely when it is not plugged in to the Wii.

Thanks

crinz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tried both ports and i have 490gb fat32 and 500gb wbfs. same as i had befire i did the update

Is there any way to downgrade at this point? i dont have a NAND backup, could i use someone else's ad convert it to run o nmy Wii??

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are there any reports of this happening to others? I did something similar to this and my drive worked fine. It doesn't make much sense since as soon as something other than the system menu loads, the system menu itself should make no difference.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crinz said:
Hi all,

I updated to 4.2E through nintendo and reinstalled HBS, Bootmii and DVDx.

I then followed the 'Modify any Wii' guide to the last letter multiple times over but i cant get any USB drives to be recognised at all.

I have tested 4 different drives through HB apps that i used a lot (mplayer, wiixplorer, Triiforce) and also usb loader wich doesnt work either.

With usb drive plugged in it doesnt give me any options to mount it in HBC.

Can anyone help with this? My 1TB drive is feeling lonely when it is not plugged in to the Wii.

Thanks
what about your cios202?

crinz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have uninstalled and reinstalled cios numerous times. I think i will just virginize my wii and start from scratch. I have been instaling stuff over each other thus far which cant be good.

I havent heard of anyone else having this problem. If you leave this thread as dormant i will post back if the solution is interesting

thanks everyone for your ideas and trying to help

cheers

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crinz said:
i have uninstalled and reinstalled cios numerous times. I think i will just virginize my wii and start from scratch. I have been instaling stuff over each other thus far which cant be good.

I havent heard of anyone else having this problem. If you leave this thread as dormant i will post back if the solution is interesting

thanks everyone for your ideas and trying to help

cheers
yeah i think so too...this happened to me before for. i also started from scratch. have you tried xzxero's guide? if not, i recommend you to follow it and you'll be just fine. good luck.
smile.gif

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on 4.2E and everything works. I used the "Safe 4.2 upgrader", wich doesn't install the IOS Stubs. Maybe your cios249 is a stub so it doesn't work.

crinz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
welli updated y wii gain through nintendo servers to take it back to virgin.

followed the guide to the last letter. deleted the stub ios's, reinstalled cios etc etc

still no usb support at all. The USB ports power my HDD so i know there is power getting to them but just cant get anything to recognise they are there

Please!!! :-(

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crinz said:
welli updated y wii gain through nintendo servers to take it back to virgin.

followed the guide to the last letter. deleted the stub ios's, reinstalled cios etc etc

still no usb support at all. The USB ports power my HDD so i know there is power getting to them but just cant get anything to recognise they are there

Please!!! :-(
next time do not update anything from ninty...this has been the reminder since...checkout your cios249, cios222/223, and cios202 for these are those connected to usb hdd loading. try using signcheck to check the condition of your cios...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1