HANS last update

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AyanamiRei, Jan 6, 2017.

1. AyanamiRei
    OP

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
    Hello, following the release of the 2.8 version of ninjhax, smealum published a new version for HANS. I updated both the homebrew payload used by the HBC launcher (cia) and the HANS 3dsx file and HANS just shut down (sending me back to the HB channel) after I selected a game and parameters. I decided to go back to the previous HANS version but the same thing is happening.
    Based on this, I suppose this has to do with the new payload downloaded by the HBC launcher. How can I "restore" the previous one (2.7)?
    Thanks in advance.

PS: my excuses if it is stupid, I am indeed bad in those things.

PPS: also, did anyone successfully used this new HANS? Under wich conditions?

Last edited by AyanamiRei, Jan 6, 2017
  2. AyanamiRei
    OP

AyanamiRei GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2015
    France
  3. Naxann

Naxann Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    France
    Hi AyanamiRei.
    It worked for my Pokemon Moon cartdridge game, with a custom romfs (randomized). I use SoundHax and new version of Hans.

I'm trying to do the same for Pokémon Sun pre-installed (Installed with FBI and a legit CIA) but I have problems to dump the game.

4. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Don't use HANS ever. There is 0 dot 0 reason to ever. If you want to run game patches on a game use NTR LayeredFS and if you have an O3DS and it concerns Pokemon then use SaltySD. For anything else update to Luma Nightly and use Luma's RomFS redirection.

Get arm9loaderhax and dump the game with Decrypt9

For the one stop guide to hacking your 3DS regardless of current firmware go to, read, follow and learn from https://3ds.guide

5. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    if one does not wish to permanently mod their 3DS, and simply run homebrew now and then, using HANS is perfectly viable.

instead you suggest NTR which is buggy, closed source and abandoned?
    Cy_gClZUoAAa8fY.jpg