Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone having much luck getting PSX games to work? Is there a tutorial available to get PSX games going?

@AndyVr made a very helpful thread about it, go look for it. I had CTR, Crash Bash, MGS VR Missions, Ridge Racer, Vandal Hearts, Silent Hill, and some other titles run well.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having much luck getting PSX games to work? Is there a tutorial available to get PSX games going?

If you need help running psx, I can help. I am the one that originally helped AndyVR get his running, hehe. Seems so long ago, already! I have also made videos on how to shrink psx games and run them in compressed form.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you need help running psx, I can help. I am the one that originally helped AndyVR get his running, hehe. Seems so long ago, already! I have also made videos on how to shrink psx games and run them in compressed form.

Please share me your video link, I think I need it as well, hehe.

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! i'm triying to customize the screen saver using the pixelart method, but it seems doesn't work in folders with non nes games. I would like to create my own pixelart in folders with gb, gbc or fds games only, per separate. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

SFNMutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to get D2K or Donkey Kong Foundry working in retroarch. I've tried FBA, Mame2000, & Mame2003. regualr donkey kong is installed. I've tried dropping the dkong.zip rom in these 2 folders. I even tried combining the d2k11.zip w/ the dkong.zip but no luck. if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love it.

I also tried installing the bezel artwork for mame games. I added it to the samples zip & got it to install in the correct spot but couldn't figure out how to get mame to recognize it. I'm only installing old school arcade games. mainly the nintendo ones.

no problems with anything else other than a couple NES rom hacks. thanks to all who have put int he time to create hakchi & configure retroarch. the process couldn't be simplier. so professional.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please share me your video link, I think I need it as well, hehe.

The video link for shrinking PSX games is different than that of adding them via hakchi2. I did several parts to this. I have other methods of ripping them, as well.

As for adding PS1 to Hakchi2.

1. When going to add, choose all files, so it will show the ISO, etc. Once added...

2. Change advanced command line argument for that specific game from /bin/iso , etc TO /bin/pcsx

3. Install pcsx_rearmed from this link

https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/releases

4. In root directory of Bios Template Module that comes from this link

https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Copy into the root directory, where it says "place bios files here", these 3 specific bios files, SCPH101.BIN, SCPH1001.BIN, and SCPH7502.BIN

5. Then, you can rename this folder to PSX bios, or leave as is. I, myself, do a Master Bios Module, and include bios from all systems I play, that need them.

6. Install this, after copying into your USER MODS directory, within hakchi. You will use hakchi2, like any other module, to install it.

7. Simply synch the games, and as long as they are compatible, and you did everything right, they should run just fine:)

My videos take things to the next level by helping one shrink games to extremely small sizes. Removing Audio & Video, then compressing, makes them ultra tiny, at times! So, a game that takes up several hundred mb, typically, like Mega Man X4, can be shrunken to a mere 24 mb or so!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Posted mini-tutorial, as well as link to videos that will help shrink games to smaller size:) I just did Duke Nukem - Time to Kill for someone, and got it to a nice 62.5mb:)

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: maande80

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to get D2K or Donkey Kong Foundry working in retroarch. I've tried FBA, Mame2000, & Mame2003. regualr donkey kong is installed. I've tried dropping the dkong.zip rom in these 2 folders. I even tried combining the d2k11.zip w/ the dkong.zip but no luck. if anyone has a suggestion, I'd love it.

I also tried installing the bezel artwork for mame games. I added it to the samples zip & got it to install in the correct spot but couldn't figure out how to get mame to recognize it. I'm only installing old school arcade games. mainly the nintendo ones.

no problems with anything else other than a couple NES rom hacks. thanks to all who have put int he time to create hakchi & configure retroarch. the process couldn't be simplier. so professional.

How did you change the core from FBA to MAME2000 and MAME2003?

Heapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The video link for shrinking PSX games is different than that of adding them via hakchi2. I did several parts to this. I have other methods of ripping them, as well.

As for adding PS1 to Hakchi2.

1. When going to add, choose all files, so it will show the ISO, etc. Once added...

2. Change advanced command line argument for that specific game from /bin/iso , etc TO /bin/pcsx

3. Install pcsx_rearmed from this link

https://github.com/DSkywalk/retroarch-clover/releases

4. In root directory of Bios Template Module that comes from this link

https://github.com/pcm720/retroarch-clover/releases

Copy into the root directory, where it says "place bios files here", these 3 specific bios files, SCPH101.BIN, SCPH1001.BIN, and SCPH7502.BIN

5. Then, you can rename this folder to PSX bios, or leave as is. I, myself, do a Master Bios Module, and include bios from all systems I play, that need them.

6. Install this, after copying into your USER MODS directory, within hakchi. You will use hakchi2, like any other module, to install it.

7. Simply synch the games, and as long as they are compatible, and you did everything right, they should run just fine:)

My videos take things to the next level by helping one shrink games to extremely small sizes. Removing Audio & Video, then compressing, makes them ultra tiny, at times! So, a game that takes up several hundred mb, typically, like Mega Man X4, can be shrunken to a mere 24 mb or so!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Posted mini-tutorial, as well as link to videos that will help shrink games to smaller size:) I just did Duke Nukem - Time to Kill for someone, and got it to a nice 62.5mb:)

Awesome! Thanks for your help, i'll give it a go

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really?? 512 pages...

Exactly....512 pages, at this point information is buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Funny thing is it's probably something really easy, put this file here, then change the argument to this and that. But I can't find it in this mountain of posts.

Last edited by TooMuchPower,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly....512 pages, at this point information is buried somewhere in this massive thread.

Funny thing is it's probably something really easy, put this file here, then change the argument to this and that. But I can't find it in this mountain of posts.

Go to the end of my video to see quick, but proper way to add mame games with mame 2003. You need to make sure retroarch hmod and mame2003 are both installed. Then, follow my steps. If you need any deeper clarification, let me know. Note, some games will not run due to not being compatible or simply being wrong rom set. I suggest Bad Dudes as a test game, since it is all around compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte