Hacking Hackmii + Bannerbomb, wont install.

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I read somewhere that it was safe to update to 4.2, since the new bannerbomb was released. So I did so thinking that I would just be able to follow the 4.2 simplistic mod to get everything up and running. However, when i go to the sd card menu, its starts to load bannerbomb, then it goes to a screen saying "that Hackmii can not install, there are no vulnerable ios, blah blah blah...". I saw that one solution is to install ios36 via mad manager. But what if I cant access my wad manager because i no longer have the homebrew channel. Am i screwed? Or can i try the indiana pwns method? or does this too require ios36? any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I quote from zektor 'Use DOP-IOS and download/install IOS30 with NO patching and try again.' You can run the DOP-IOS boot.dol with bannerbomb instead of the Hackmii one I believe

knuckles10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
happened to me yesterday installed the ISO30 with no patching worked fine but im stuck on the next part because some of the ISO2xx is missing or been removed by nand cleaner how I can fix it ? wii is on pal 4.2? which patcher should i be using to...its not bricked but banging head to think what i can do for it.

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, you guys are quick. i am now googling for info on the DOP-IOS. im confused though when you say "You can run the DOP-IOS boot.dol with bannerbomb instead of the Hackmii one I believe", does that mean that i would choose dop-ios from the sd card menu? if anyone can link me to the right page for this, that would be cool. however, like i said, i'm looking around.

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, i got a question...

whatever, boot.dol file is on the root of my SD card should load when i run bannerbomb? like, can i load the wadmanager boot.dol when i hit bannerbomb?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
bannerbomb works like this.

Wii starts, you run the SD Card menu and Bannerbomb is loaded.

Bannerbomber looks for boot.dol in sd card root.
So you can have ANY homebrew renamed to boot.dol (if they are dol file) and they will boot so yes it will work =)

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome guys! thanks you so much for clearing this up. i should be able to fix this now. if not... i'll be hitting the boards again. hopefully this will be useful to anyone that might be experiencing this same problem.

I WILL NEVER USE CiosCorp again!

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, i'm frustrated. guys, i hate to ask. i've been reading everything i can find since my last post. my eyes feel like theyre gonna bleed. once i load up dop ios, what is it that i am trying to accomplish. there are so many options... i have no idea what to pick. there is very limited info on this subject. at least in the way it pertains to me.

MagusDraco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I quote from zektor 'Use DOP-IOS and download/install IOS30 with NO patching and try again.' You can run the DOP-IOS boot.dol with bannerbomb instead of the Hackmii one I believe

So yeah. Basically once DOP-IOS is working, scroll to the left til you find IOS30, download and reintall it and do NOT patch it.

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to do that it says something along the lines of "1/15 downloading.... (SD card) Bad hash" and it'll send me back to the system menu. am i supposed to have something else on the sd card that its trying to read?? this really sucks. i've got a hard drive with over 300gb of games, and no way to get to them. my kids are DRIVING ME INSANE!

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just 2 cents, in my case restoring a clean IOS30 wasn't enough (it froze on "this software is not for sale" screen)
I had to reinstall a clean IOS34 and then all went fine. (yes, 34)
Later,

TSR

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to this post :here i'm up and running again. Thanks to all you guys for helping me out!! if anyone is having that Hackmii no vulnerable ios problem, i think that link should be your answer! good luck! and long live this community!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
the reason you get bad hash check is you ran it at all NO HASH CHECK NO PATCHING
wink.gif

Also I think i've mentioned this before but it needs to be said!... There is no such thing as bad hash dont knock it till you try it people! LMAO

jcasas392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol... i agree vetta. hash is like pizza... no matter how bad, its still pretty damn good.

on a side note, i did try applying the sig hash, and the patch, all to no avail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Same