OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a complete noob to system hacking (I flashed my DS and have an AK2), except I've never done it to a Wii before. It is all sort of confusing, so I need some questions asked. Before you exit out of this topic, YES! I have searched and read all the stickies.

After looking around, I found out that I NEED Twilight Princess to do anything. I'm going to borrow it from a friend, but he's only letting me borrow it for a few days, so I gotta do my research before I borrow it. First of all, I have a 2GB MicroSD card with an SD adapter. Will that work, or will I need an actual SD card? Second, if I install the Homebrew Channel (can someone post a link, because the official website doesn't seem to load) using the Twilight Hack, will I then be able to do/install anything I need to later without needing Twilight Princess? Third, what do I need to install to run Wii game backups? I see so much stuff (cIOS, WiiGator, BackupLauncher...) and I don't know what I actually need to run them. Also, is there a .rar file of EVERYTHING I need to put on my SD card, because that would be a huge help. If someone would be so kind as to answer these questions, I would be grateful.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a 2GB MicroSD card with an SD adapter. Will that work, or will I need an actual SD card?
Actually they have to work, but can insert it and try to copy a save-game just to be sure it is going to work.

Second, if I install the Homebrew Channel (can someone post a link, because the official website doesn't seem to load) using the Twilight Hack, will I then be able to do/install anything I need to later without needing Twilight Princess?
Exactly, the HBC is the backdoor to do (almost) whatever you want, so you can return the Twilight Princess, but the SD must stay to run the apps from there, just like in the NDS homebrew

Third, what do I need to install to run Wii game backups? I see so much stuff (cIOS, WiiGator, BackupLauncher...) and I don't know what I actually need to run them
You need to install the cIOS that comes in the package founded in WiiGator's blog, and then you just use the app called Backup Launcher Gamma to run your Backups. Just download one of the several packages around here they all have the HBC and the twilight hack

Also, is there a .rar file of EVERYTHING I need to put on my SD card, because that would be a huge help. If someone would be so kind as to answer these questions, I would be grateful.
Just download one of the several packages around here they all have the HBC and the twilight hack....!!!
smile.gif

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Which firmware version are you running? This will change things a bit. (Go in to settings, it will tell you in the top right).

MicroSD with SD adaptor will be fine.

Once you have HBC - you won't need zelda again, unless you remove HBC of course.

There are many options for backups. I'm sure others can give you better advice than me - I have a mod chip in my wii, and only installed wiigator when it first came out for a bit of fun.

necropotence

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a pretty cool site that you can create your own customized rar file to download for HBC. There is a whole list of different apps, games, etc that all you have to do is check a box and it will put everything into the correct directory so you can just extract onto your SD card.

http://psp.brewology.com/?page=packgens

Like everyone else says, the micro SD works, it's what I use.

Ajax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
necropotence said:
Here is a pretty cool site that you can create your own customized rar file to download for HBC. There is a whole list of different apps, games, etc that all you have to do is check a box and it will put everything into the correct directory so you can just extract onto your SD card.

http://psp.brewology.com/?page=packgens

That link is for PSP, I fished around on their website and found the one for Wii
http://wii.brewology.com/index.php?page=ge...te&packId=2

elmachin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fedgerama said:
I'm not a complete noob to system hacking (I flashed my DS and have an AK2), except I've never done it to a Wii before. It is all sort of confusing, so I need some questions asked. Before you exit out of this topic, YES! I have searched and read all the stickies.

After looking around, I found out that I NEED Twilight Princess to do anything. I'm going to borrow it from a friend, but he's only letting me borrow it for a few days, so I gotta do my research before I borrow it. First of all, I have a 2GB MicroSD card with an SD adapter. Will that work, or will I need an actual SD card? Second, if I install the Homebrew Channel (can someone post a link, because the official website doesn't seem to load) using the Twilight Hack, will I then be able to do/install anything I need to later without needing Twilight Princess? Third, what do I need to install to run Wii game backups? I see so much stuff (cIOS, WiiGator, BackupLauncher...) and I don't know what I actually need to run them. Also, is there a .rar file of EVERYTHING I need to put on my SD card, because that would be a huge help. If someone would be so kind as to answer these questions, I would be grateful.

Everything you said is exactly what i went thru (except for the search part) i did the search and came up with this link http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html you follow everything there and everything will be fine. It looks more difficult than what it really is. I suggest you read it a couple of times. What i did is i read it at least once a day for about a week until i felt comfortable and then decided to do it and it went on smoothly. FYI i used a 2gb microsd with the adaptor and it worked fine. also on that same link you will find the rar you want. Good luck.

On another note This Site is awesome (with capital letters) i found everything i needed here. Thanks everyone here for your great work.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: