Hacking Hacking the Switch through the Album?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not enough to hide code in a file, the switch has to be able to execute the code, and without an actual exploit, thats not going to happen.

D

Deleted User

That site doesn't make any sense to me.
What are HMACs and what do I do with the key?
If that site doesn't make sense you shouldn't be trying this.

You open up the JPEG file that has the EXIF header data from a screenshot from the Switch. Then, you zero out the Maker Notes and generate an HMAC-SHA256 of the entire JPG by using the secret key. Copy that into the maker notes and then you have a working image.

This is assuming that Nintendo didn't include a custom method to generate their own HMAC-SHA256 that can't be replicated without the looking at the capsrv.

If this didn't make sense then you shouldn't even be attempting this.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think something with the joycon could be more realistic. We have a tool that lets you change the color via hex code. I can see pairing a hacked joycon allowing to launch code from SD happening. Probably not gonna happen for a while though.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think something with the joycon could be more realistic. We have a tool that lets you change the color via hex code. I can see pairing a hacked joycon allowing to launch code from SD happening. Probably not gonna happen for a while though.
I don't see how you go from "can change a 32-bit color value" to "can run arbitrary code". The color adjustment is intentional; it makes it easier to use the same boards for all Joy-Cons without programming the color until the last step.

The color value is read as a value. It isn't executed as code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked