Not open for further replies.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Would it be possible to hack the 3DS by having it receive DS download data from a flash cart to exploit it?"
This question is mainly for curiosity. But don't you think we could get some sort of exploit/hack from the 3DS, by making an exploit where the 3DS would recognize the file as a DS game, but it really would (somehow) exploit it? I know nothing of how exploits/hacks work, so correct me if I'm wrong...

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think the ds mode runs in something like a virtual box which dosent allow direct accses to the 3ds os

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there's a more viable road to walk than this one. To my understanding, the Wii can communicate with the 3DS (and also DS). Now what I was thinking is wouldn't it be possible to write an app through Wii homebrew (I have no clue if they can even address the DS or 3DS) which emulates the wii plaza or something so you can see what happens when a Mii get's dumped or perhaps get it to connect through the Wii and send executeable data back to the 3DS. Perhaps send a corrupted Mii file from the Wii to your 3DS which can refer to an executeable. I'm just guessing here, but in theory it sounds cool
tongue.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
Shuji1987 said:
I think there's a more viable road to walk than this one. To my understanding, the Wii can communicate with the 3DS (and also DS). Now what I was thinking is wouldn't it be possible to write an app through Wii homebrew (I have no clue if they can even address the DS or 3DS) which emulates the wii plaza or something so you can see what happens when a Mii get's dumped or perhaps get it to connect through the Wii and send executeable data back to the 3DS. Perhaps send a corrupted Mii file from the Wii to your 3DS which can refer to an executeable. I'm just guessing here, but in theory it sounds cool
tongue.gif
That sounds kinda valid. But be careful. I know that Miis with Gold pants cannot be sent to a 3DS.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shuji1987 said:
tongue.gif

Heh, that actually does sound better... we should find a way to do that. I'm being serious, that really sounds like a good idea. But, the question is: How?...

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technik said:
That's a good idea, we use a hacked wii to connect to a 3ds and send it modified code.

Sounds like a decent idea to me....

Now we just need to wait for a Wii/3DS transfering game to come out. I don't think one's even been announced yet.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Technik said:
That's a good idea, we use a hacked wii to connect to a 3ds and send it modified code.

Now we just need to wait for a Wii/3DS transfering game to come out. I don't think one's even been announced yet.
The Mii channels can connect to send your wii miis to your 3ds.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technik said:
Xuphor said:
Technik said:

Wait it can, right now? On 4.1u?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually thought of the same thing for dsi.
useing DS download to exploit.
useing pictachat to exploit.
useing wifi multiplayer to exploit.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Technik said:
Xuphor said:
Technik said:

Wait it can, right now? On 4.1u?
yeah, hell mines on 3.2 and i can send miis to my 3DS just fine
biggrin.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually thought of the same thing for dsi.
useing DS download to exploit.
useing pictachat to exploit.
useing wifi multiplayer to exploit.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Technik said:

Probably won't need one... Just have to wait for Nintendo to give us that possibility through the system itself. Game or not, who knows. It's up in the air right now.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Hacking the 3DS through DS download play isn't possible. Data being transferred is signed (RSA-1024). The firmware checks the signatures of the binaries it receives, and freezes on a Nintendo logo if they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...