Hacking H-encore without memory card (1000 unit)

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
I have a working 1000 unit with (currently) a 32GB original card.

I'm trying to ditch the original card and use a 32GB microSD one with adapter.

The unit has h-encore, since it is on a superior firmware version.

Since this is a 1000 unit, internally, it only has ur0 as free space.

Is there a way to permanently install h-encore to ur0, so that I can run it without issue on every reboot, and then have all the rest in the sd2vita adapter?

TL;DR: Is it possible to install h-encore in ur0 instead of ux0?

-

Done!

Tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...icial-sony-memory-card-caution-needed.529734/

Last edited by MDashK,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen tools like "IMCUnlock" and "Application Storage Manager", will any of these perform what I wish to achieve?

You can probably use IMCUnlock to create a imc0, but it is still not permanent, where you have to rerun H-encore if you are above 3.65. 3.67 and 3.68 has no permanent cfw support.

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
My problem is not to re-run h-encore in every reboot.
I just want a way to permanently have h-encore available without the need of a official memory card.
That way, I can boot, run h-encore promptly from the internal memory and then it will mount the sd2vita so that I can play.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is not to re-run h-encore in every reboot.
I just want a way to permanently have h-encore available without the need of a official memory card.
That way, I can boot, run h-encore promptly from the internal memory and then it will mount the sd2vita so that I can play.

Not sure it will mount SD2vita by it self, after you created an Imc0 partition, you can try , there is a chance of brick if you don't do it correctly.

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Well, I have everything set up on ur0:tai, including storagemgr, so to all effect it should mount correct?

Once h-encore is launched, all plugins and modules are loaded, AFAIK...

But I will give IMCUnlock a shot, the 100MB option should be more than sufficient for the h-encore app, I think... right?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install IMCUnlock and you won't need a memory card as you can store h-encore on that internal memory card. I'd suggest putting vitashell there too, just in case. Don't forget to also keep them both on your SD2Vita and imc0, otherwise when you refresh the livearea in vitashell with SD2Vita active h-encore won't be there when you reboot without a memory card & you'll have to refresh the database.

superior firmware version.
I mean, the superior version is 3.60 because you can do everything without ever touching a memory card since you only ever have to run the web exploit once to install henkaku & enso...

MDashK

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Install IMCUnlock and you won't need a memory card as you can store h-encore on that internal memory card. I'd suggest putting vitashell there too, just in case. Don't forget to also keep them both on your SD2Vita and imc0, otherwise when you refresh the livearea in vitashell with SD2Vita active h-encore won't be there when you reboot without a memory card & you'll have to refresh the database.

I mean, the superior version is 3.60 because you can do everything without ever touching a memory card since you only ever have to run the web exploit once to install henkaku & enso...

I already did. Please check tutorial I have made. xD

Superior in meaning: a more recent version, like 3.68 or 3.69. Not "superior" because it is best of all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: