Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone!

I have a NTSC Wii and every PAL games I get, I can force them into NTSC through Gamma Backup Launcher and it runs perfectly. However, I recently had a game backup of Pikmin 2 for PAL. I did the same procedure (burning, etc.) as the other games but when I forced NTSC, I only get a green/yellow screen (my TV has bad colors so it may only be a green screen). If it can help, I had a backup for Gamecube that had the same problem (when forcing NTSC). However, on Gamecube Backup Launcher, there's the option "Auto-detect" which made the game play in color, normally. I would appreciate help.

Thanks in advance!

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just try not forcing the video mode at all. if it loads in color you are good to go. my tv supports both so it needs no forcing for me.

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:
just try not forcing the video mode at all. if it loads in color you are good to go. my tv supports both so it needs no forcing for me.

If I don't force, it's in black and white.

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DjoeN said:
try to start it over gecko 1.9
(Dunno if that works with gamma launcher thing

If I start directly within Gecko OS, it says "No DVD found". And I can't select the channel of Gamma Backup Launcher.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Might it be because its PAL & scrubbed running on NTSC?

Not true, Pal works fine on ntsc. Even if its scrubbed, he's just not doing it right. Pikmin 1 &2 including Rogue Trooper will work in Gecko 1.9 and USB Loaders with auto patching or vidpatch.

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem with Pikman on my NTSC Wii.

I hadn't realized but I had a Japanese version of the game, and although it was forcing to NTSC the language wasn't being switched through and my system couldn't convert.

I was only able to play using SoftChip and forcing the language.. Since I have no knowledge what so ever of Japanese the game was pretty well useless

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He didnt say modchip, he said Backup Launcher. If he uses gecko os 1.9 OR the latest gui usb loader he can run PAL games on NTSC that were causing green screen. It doesnt matter if their scrubbed or not. They WORK perfectly fine on my console. I do have a wiikey and yes they dont work through the wiikey but they work fine with other methods.

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lithium210 said:
He didnt say modchip, he said Backup Launcher. If he uses gecko os 1.9 OR the latest gui usb loader he can run PAL games on NTSC that were causing green screen. It doesnt matter if their scrubbed or not. They WORK perfectly fine on my console. I do have a wiikey and yes they dont work through the wiikey but they work fine with other methods.

If I use Gecko OS 1.9 and choose to run the disc, it says that there aren't any DVDs.

QUOTE(bin01 @ Apr 30 2009, 05:07 AM) ??? try that

I tried using WiiFrii, it didn't work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Green screen = in most cases unsupported video mode. Some games support both PAL and NTSC, some not. If the game you want to play doesn't support your video mode, you can try to patch it, which doesn't work for all games.

When it comes to patching, you have 2 possibilies:
1. Patch the video mode(s) in the main.dol before burning, you can do that with the generic wii patcher. Some (the rare better ones) region patchers also patch the video modes for you.
2. Use a loader that patches the video mode and doesn't just only (tries to) force it. My toy is such a loader, look at my sig for it and and keep your eyes open.

Xrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Green screen = in most cases unsupported video mode. Some games support both PAL and NTSC, some not. If the game you want to play doesn't support your video mode, you can try to patch it, which doesn't work for all games.

When it comes to patching, you have 2 possibilies:
1. Patch the video mode(s) in the main.dol before burning, you can do that with the generic wii patcher. Some (the rare better ones) region patchers also patch the video modes for you.
2. Use a loader that patches the video mode and doesn't just only (tries to) force it. My toy is such a loader, look at my sig for it and and keep your eyes open.

It still doesn't work
frown.gif

Indie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all PAL games work on NTSC. Some cannot be forced. You'll just have to try and take your game back and wait for the NTSC version to come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh