Hacking Graphical Issue with BOTW

Jazzist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I've yet to encounter a single visual glitch. Started off with the leaked EU copy, moved to the US copy when the .TIK became available and brought my save with me using Saviine. I obtained the game and updates with Wii U USB Helper and installed with WUP Installer UF Mod to USB, not NAND. I've even left the game running for 30+ hours with no issues. So far, it seems to me that I'm only noticing people having issues on USB if they got the base game through the CDN using a tool, then updated the game on the Wii U itself.
I did get the game through the .tik + uTikDownloadHelper.exe, then updated through the Wii U itself. I'm pretty certain it has to do with this too.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
might be that. I had leaked eu, deleted the ealier update and installed newer update through wad installer. 0 problems

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did get the game through the .tik + uTikDownloadHelper.exe, then updated through the Wii U itself. I'm pretty certain it has to do with this too.
might be that. I had leaked eu, deleted the ealier update and installed newer update through wad installer. 0 problems
Just about every thread I've browsed where someone had a graphics problem (save one), the OP said that they'd obtained the game with a tool, installed it with homebrew to USB, then allowed the Wii U to update it. Sorry to repeat myself, but it's a very concerning pattern.

logear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the save exports the pictures of the weapons separately, so one most likely could put any picture with the same format/dimensions and inject it onto the Wii U and it should display in Zelda's Album. lol

Should definitely test this.

it definitely works

Attachments

• 20170309_104429.jpg
    20170309_104429.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 341

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yep. Those are for when you buy them from the Sheikah girl.
ah, I didn't even know that was an option XD I played the game blind, the only thing I seen online was the initial trailer, just finished the main game and having one last trek around before resorting to checking for guides etc on shrine locations etc

just wondering as when you look at the album names there appears to be some weapons missing from the sequence, i.e it has Weapon_Sword_051.jpg, Weapon_Sword_052.jpg, Weapon_Sword_053.jpg then jumps to Weapon_Sword_060.jpg

just wondering if this is just that you cant buy album pictures for all the weapons or if this would suggest there was weapons removed during development XD (there is also other breaks in the numbers, but this was just the easiest gap to spot)

Last edited by gamesquest1,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Random questions:

cant you back up your Wii u save game with ftpiiu anywhere etc?

If the stick becomes corrupt isn't the save on the nand anyway? (Format stick/use another, reinstall, profit?)

I have an 8gb machine so.....

Also is it necessary to delete update v16 then install v33 (is it?) or just install latter over previous?

Last edited by KiiWii,

Jazzist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ah, I didn't even know that was an option XD I played the game blind, the only thing I seen online was the initial trailer, just finished the main game and having one last trek around before resorting to checking for guides etc on shrine locations etc

just wondering as when you look at the album names there appears to be some weapons missing from the sequence, i.e it has Weapon_Sword_051.jpg, Weapon_Sword_052.jpg, Weapon_Sword_053.jpg then jumps to Weapon_Sword_060.jpg

just wondering if this is just that you cant buy album pictures for all the weapons or if this would suggest there was weapons removed during development XD (there is also other breaks in the numbers, but this was just the easiest gap to spot)
I'm playing the game blind and know of this option. It's right there at the Hateno Tech w/e. She tells you to get her some Ancient materials for Sheikah slate upgrades, one includes this.

Reactions: gamesquest1

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
A '16GB USB flash drive' is really 14.8GB.

I'm not sure exactly how big BOTW really is, whether it's 11GB or 13GB, whatever. But I just tried to copy BOTW to a '16GB' flash drive, and it refuses to copy over because it says there isn't enough space.

I think you need 32GB flash drive to run this game from, if you're not using the NAND or a HDD. A 16GB is cutting it too close, even if wupinstaller is less picky and will install, I think you will run into issues like this

Jazzist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A '16GB USB flash drive' is really 14.8GB.

I'm not sure exactly how big BOTW really is, whether it's 11GB or 13GB, whatever. But I just tried to copy BOTW to a '16GB' flash drive, and it refuses to copy over because it says there isn't enough space.

I think you need 32GB flash drive to run this game from, if you're not using the NAND or a HDD. A 16GB is cutting it too close, even if wupinstaller is less picky and will install, I think you will run into issues like this
I'd guess copying requires some extra space to properly move the files. Zelda's at 12 GBs on my Flash Drive (Which is of around 14.7GB).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.