Hacking GPSP on VHBL

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I've tried for hours and days now to get this to work and I'm literally pulling my hair out now. I'm about 10 minutes away from smashing this vita.

I just cannot properly install gpsp, I've been all over the internet and just keep seeing a million conflicting descriptions, use FTP, ZIP the file, don't ZIP the file, put in this directory, put in that directory. I have no idea what to do. I don't know what file to put where or anything and I'm just sick now.

I've got QCMA, VHBL, GPSP, GBA bios and ROMs. I just need a decent set of instructions with the correct places to put the files please, before I just lose it.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the hot new thing, it's Vita-mode homebrew. If you're on 3.60 firmware you can use it.
https://henkaku.xyz/

This will give you access to mGBA, a GBA emulator which runs in Vita mode.

But if you still want to use gpsp or maybe TempGBA in PSP mode, HENkaku will help you as well. I've had trouble using FTP in VHBL, because the EBOOT.PBP file doesn't copy correctly. If you use HENkaku's FTP client, then you can copy your PSP homebrew more easily.

PSP homebrew folders (folders containing an EBOOT.PBP file) can be copied into the ux0:/pspemu/PSP/VHBL folder.

Last edited by metroid maniac,

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It looks good, its nice to be able to actually access the file structure. However, it says I need to have a .vpk file but the VHBL folder isn't that.

I see what you're on about now, I'm going to try uploading the GPSP folder into that now.

Last edited by Frogster8,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does gPSP need to be a .ZIP file? I've copied it over unzipped and I can't run it, it just opens the files contents and when I try to run the EBOOT.PBP it just says an error has occurred

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've uploaded my file structure I'm just stumped. I've copied the contents of VHBL into the VHBL folder, then in there I've placed both a zipped and unzipped version of gPSP. I just can't launch anything from there. I've obviously missed something somewhere here, it's just getting frustrating now.
File.png

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, I've figured out some of it though I'm guessing I need to zip the gPSP folder and give it the extension .vpk? When I try to install it on the ps vita though ti says out of memory.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
No, that's incorrect.
.vpk is a format for Vita mode homebrew.
gPSP is PSP homebrew, and will only run from a PSP mode loader such as VHBL.
mGBA is Vita mode, so that can be converted to .vpk (though I'm not sure specifically how)

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to find a mGBA.vpk but when I ran the games they were very slow and jittery. Looked through all the configuration options available and couldn't see a way to fix it. Probably time I just gave up

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You need to access through the file manager (HENKaku) and go to your PSP folder and unzip the gpsp emulator and transfer it to PSP/GAME you need to install VHBL in order to use gpsp otherwise mGBA is your only option :P you can check wololo if you want to know how to instal VHBL ^^

Frogster8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had VHBL installed but I couldn't install gPSP through it, I tried zipping it and calling it INSTALL.ZIP and placing it in my folder PS VITA/PSAVEDATA/###/ but it wouldn't install. I couldn't even see the folder there when I looked in my VHBL.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you use Henkaku you don't even need to use the cumbersome INSTALL.ZIP install method, you can just copy your emulators into pspemu/PSP/VHBL/ directly over FTP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm