Gaming Got my switch just now, should I open it or return it?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Serial starts with XAJ4005

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-informations-by-serial-number.481215/

Serial is not anywhere on the list... Kinda scared tbh.
I took it home because i wanted to check with you guys and google a bit more.

But if I open the box, he says I can't return it. so yeah.. can't exactly try the hack.

EDIT:
I see I posted in games rather then in consoles and hardware lol sigh.

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who says? Why not? I've returned opened box switches when I was trying to swap my dock back in the day.
You should buy from amazon or bestbuy, they let you return anything.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Who says? Why not? I've returned opened box switches when I was trying to swap my dock back in the day.
You should buy from amazon or bestbuy, they let you return anything.
I asked him if I could return it and he said if the "sticker" is breached then no.
Anyway.. what to do with this serial?? Would you risk it?

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What place did you buy it?
I tried some local stores in my city, but everywhere I checked they only had new ones. So I went to a less crowded place with a media markt. They have the boxes stacked so you can check the serial.

@Mr. Wizard In the Netherlands you can't return products like that, they tell you when you buy the product and you'll have to agree.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What place did you buy it?
I tried some local stores in my city, but everywhere I checked they only had new ones. So I went to a less crowded place with a media markt. They have the boxes stacked so you can check the serial.

@Mr. Wizard In the Netherlands you can't return products like that, they tell you when you buy the product and you'll have to agree.
I went to intertoys. Yeah would be better. But still i searched for XAJ4005 and nothing came up... So return it?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that's kinda bullshit, in the EU you got 14 days to return a product. if the product is with all the accessories and in resale condition, they have to accept.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not bullshit at all. Returning a product like that, is like buying a game with a used license.
Also they don't have to accept anything, as you as customer are agreeing with their policy.

Anyway, yeah return it. Go to a Media Markt in a small place and check the stack. They usually have 20 boxes stacked.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not bullshit at all. Returning a product like that, is like buying a game with a used license.
Also they don't have to accept anything, as you as customer are agreeing with their policy.

Anyway, yeah return it. Go to a Media Markt in a small place and check the stack. They usually have 20 boxes stacked.
Returned it and guy checked for got one with XAJ700318 Not sure if this is on the list because the serial seems very similiar to : XAJ700310 - XAJ7003X

What do you guys think?

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that's kinda bullshit, in the EU you got 14 days to return a product. if the product is with all the accessories and in resale condition, they have to accept.
This is only true for Online Purchases!
Or
when the product doesn't function like intended.
Accepting a return comes down how "nice" the seller is.

Reactions: migles

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well it's kinda not. I live in Norway, and the rule is. That everything you buy in shop, is the shops own rules fore returns (but most shops let you return in a reasonable time) . But everything you buy online, or over phone and stands you have 14 days to regret the buy. And this applies to EU in general. So not quite bullishit. I done returned buys many times. No problem or question ask. That's why I always buy my gadget online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it's kinda not. I live in Norway, and the rule is. That everything you buy in shop, is the shops own rules fore returns (but most shops let you return in a reasonable time) . But everything you buy online, or over phone and stands you have 14 days to regret the buy. And this applies to EU in general. So not quite bullishit. I done returned buys many times. No problem or question ask. That's why I always buy my gadget online
From trusted sites and shops located in the EU

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
where i live stores only accept returns if there is a factory defect, i mean you could buy games finish them and return them if every store did that they would be out of business.

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have XAJ4001xx and XAJ4005xxx, both hackable, one black one neon. Just check for pixel errors, if you see one return it.
And XAJ400xxx is on the list...

Just avoid everything above XAJ7004...

Games are sealed in foil. They wont take it back if its open.
Switch is not sealed, just put in a plastic bag without glue - you can use it and return, no one can tell.

Last edited by QRC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...