GodMode9 Cleanup Script for Plailect's Guide

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Some1CP, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Some1CP
    OP

Some1CP GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    https://pastebin.com/iHW5eTfG

Save it, name it "Clean Setup Files.gm9" or download the attached file and just change the extension from .txt to .gm9.

Put it in SD:/gm9/scripts and then run it using GodMode9.

This script will remove all leftover files from Plailect's 3ds.guide, no matter what method you follow.

Helps speed up the hacking process along with ntrboothax.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Some1CP, Aug 13, 2017
    julialy, Stephano, KunoichiZ and 5 others like this.
  2. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Sexy! Will try it out next time I install CFW on another system. :yay3ds:

3. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    This will tie in perfectly when I help someone. What I like to do is hand them a preset of setup files so they can get sraight into the hacking process. All they gotta do is open the zip and drag everything to their SD card. Now this script will help to remove all those files which to be honest is quite a lot of leftovers. This is truly another useful script for sure. Taking a look at the script myself, all its doing is searching for and deleting specific files and nothing more which is great. I hope this makes it onto the guide.

You should post this on the 3dshacks subreddit as well. Even if this doesn't make it onto the guide, it's extremely useful!

Edit: It removes ctrnand luma3ds, which you can use in the future to copy newer versions of luma to the ctrnand. But I guess you can argue that you only need just one version of luma on the ctrnand.

Last edited by MattKimura, Aug 13, 2017
  4. Some1CP
    OP

Some1CP GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    The script assumes that the user has installed the luma updater and has already executed the CTRNAND script first.

Already did :) Plailect also said he will take a look at it so that he can implement it into the guide.

MattKimura likes this.