Xoo00o0o0o

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_phone2.jpg
QUOTE said:
I spoke with Verizon/Samsung yesterday. Verizon at first tried to give me a refurbished phone as a replacement. After having problems putting that phone in the system under my account I asked them, "So is this what you guys do when a phone malfunctions or blows up, give them a refurbished one?" He then said that's why he's getting me a new one. (Crappy one by the way)

But logically, this is a Samsung problem, not a Verizon problem, since Samsung made the phone. But Corey had even less luck there.

Just as an update, the Samsung rep has yet to return my call. I called him back after he spoke to me on Monday, he gave me his email to send the pics, the email didn't go through, and he still hasn't called me back. This situation is super :/ My eyes have been irritated the last couple of days and I'll be seeing an Ophthalmologist Friday.

At the very least, Samsung, you should reimburse the guy for his medical bills (it doesn't seem like much) and provide him with a new phone. A better one, even, like the Samsung Moment, that just got Android 2.1. In any case, like his friend says, a phone should not turn into a bomb...ever. From what it looks like, it's the battery—the most volatile part of the phone—that exploded.

That really sucks.

icon11.gif
Source

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like I'm never gonna drop my cellphone into my lap while driving anymore. "Man begins 39 car pile-up after phone explodes his wang. More at 11."

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read some article a while back where someone died from an exploding phone. He had it plugged in the outlet to charge and answered his call. Something happened with the battery and it took out his face and hand.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I've had a lot of things explode in my face over the years. A Hot Pocket. A Sharpie marker. A regurgitating baby.

But those pale in comparison to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn