Hacking ghwt dlc

mrwulff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to hack the dlc for guitar hero, to make customs easily available. So far, i have gotten the data off the wii. This info was found by me here:
scorehero

Then i just edited some text in the files just to see if i could get it back on the wii, however when using blazes wadpacker it tells me that i need 21 files to pack the wad. I also read a thread on here( now i cant seem to find it) that the megaman dlc had an issue where it looked for all 5 of the dlc's and not just the ones that were installed. However, before the thread ended a group released a wad, and the development stopped.

any ideas on how to pack this new wad

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have been messing with the GH DLC a bit. Here is what I've found so far, maybe save you some time:

DLC uses a new content type. In the past, there was only 0x0001 (local APPs) and 0x8001 (shared APPs). With DLC (not just GH, I've seen it pop up in MM9 and Samba De Amigo), there is now a 0x4001 type. I think this might mean an optional APP, considering that they may or may not be present.

Anywho, the problem is that the wad packers expect all content to present. It hits a non-existant 0x4001 file and gives up, even though they aren't required to be there.

I haven't yet cracked the mystery. I've tried a few things, but they all end with the game either complaining about corruption, or just ignoring whatever files I put on completely. Here is what I've tried so far:
-Edited the TMD to remove references to non-existant files. Compiled fine and installed fine, but no luck getting the songs to show in GH. It complained about corruption and recommended I redownload from the music store. It pretended I had no songs downloaded when I went to the store.
-Used the edited TMD to compile the wad, then injected the original TMD back in. It installed partially (erroring out on the missing files, but leaving the important tmd, ticket, trailer, etc). GH didn't complain about corruption on initial load, but did when trying to view the song list. When I went to the music store, it said no songs were available for purchase. (ie. it thinks I had everything bought already)

So those ways are out. Hopefully you can think of something else to try.

mrwulff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been trying to pack these, without any luck. is there a guide to pack manually, because all the tools available dont have any options or are you using a new version of your packer?

D

Deleted User

sorry to bump an extremely dead thread, but i thought i should spare GBAtemp's bandwidth.

Has there been ANY development on anything of this sort?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)