Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've come across numerous threads that talk about the Ghostbusters green/black screen problem.

My wii is softmoded with HBC, I play games through a backloader channel.

unsure.gif
Is there a way to get the game to work without having a USB loader or having the wii chipped?

Sorry if this question has been answered before, I wasn't able to find a direct answer because the post's tend to end up talking about USB loader solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
smile.gif
!

OnlineTuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best way to get ghostbusters working is get neogamma R4 loader and make sure you have cIOS38 rev13a, then when you load the neogamma loader make sure you turn on the anti 002 fix on to yes.

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OnlineTuba said:
The best way to get ghostbusters working is get neogamma R4 loader and make sure you have cIOS38 rev13a, then when you load the neogamma loader make sure you turn on the anti 002 fix on to yes. Quick question, when I turn on the anti 002 fix to yes will it permanently stay that way? I have young kids that get on the Wii and I want to try and keep it as simple as possible.

QUOTE(TyrianCubed @ Jun 25 2009, 10:44 AM) the backup loader channel is pretty much outdated. The Neogamma is a far better and more complete solution. Go to the NeoGamma thread, you'll find all the info and the downloads needed.
Neogamma loads from an SD card and from the HBC menus correct? Sorry again for the noobish questions; I've fallen behind with the wii scene.

Thanks again for the help guys!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OnlineTuba said:
The best way to get ghostbusters working is get neogamma R4 loader and make sure you have cIOS38 rev13a, then when you load the neogamma loader make sure you turn on the anti 002 fix on to yes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The anti 002 fix is only useful if you use a bad cIOS(rev8-12 + 13b). If you use a good cIOS (7 or 13a) DO NOT enable the anti 002 fix.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use USB Loader GX to play Ghostbusters. Just turn on the 002 error fix and your set. And Yes it will stay that way. Though I am sure Neogamma will work as well.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i still run the Wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma channel wad which i also incorporate the the GC backup launcher in the same channel so both Wii and GC games boot from the same loader. Before i burn a disk i use Wiiscrubber i just delete Partition 1 by right clicking wonce it has reparsed i drag and drop the image to ios changer and change to ios 249 every game that i cant load in USBloader_GX i run as disk the only game so far is Call of Duty 3 and that seems to be only because of the 16 different dols it has to load for each section of the game. As for Backup launcher being out dated i can still play all the new games with it im running system menu 3.2e ios249 rev9 LAH103 console

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i scanned the web hours and hours searching a way to make ghostbusters working WITHOUT usb loader
because i don't have usb devices at now for my wii. Here is my config and method i used to make ghostbusters and
ghostbusters-like new games to work.

My console is USA NTSC model L64xxxxxxxx

-not hard chipped
-softmoded (with L64fix, hackmii, bannerbomb etc.)
-installed wads before ghostbusters: backup launcher 0.3 gamma, 002fix, gc backup launcher ix, few VC games as channels,
miospatcher, usb loader gx old version (installed the channel because i'll have usb hdd
soon), and all related wad's needed to get the ones above working if i forgot to mention
one. (no special and/or specific wad's like cios\iso installers if not really needed)
for sure, wad manager chan, homebrew channel and homebrew browser channels installed

firmware of my wii: 4.0U updated before the softmod.

tried neogamma old versions but get the usual green screen or freeze-at-warning screen troubles.

installed ios38 rev13a (wad installation)
installed Neogamma R6 autoboot channel (wad version)

started neogamma chan with "1" pressed to get to the options/config menu
changed ONLY "patch video:" to "all" to avoid green screen
(tested on 2 other consoles and i had to set language to english in the same menu)
connect the nunchuck to the wiimote to avoid freeze at warning screen
launched the game successfuly from the main menu of the neogamma's configuration menu.
tested many times and working great for me. same with others like indiana etc. and all this WITHOUT any usb thing(s). indiana jones and my sims racing ---> no need to enter neogamma menu, they load
great without any config/manipulation.

if this way works for you, please let me know if you find out how to patch main.dol of the ISO file to get the game loading great
without having to change the neogamma settings. would be really great and appreciated!

mets111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a Wii that's Soft Modded with BannerBomb, 4.0u Firmware also updated before the softmod, I have a backup channel that has NeoGamma R6 with IOS38 Rev13a installed, I put patch video on all and turned 002 fix OFF, force video is on disc, I have the Nunchuk connected and I put the DVD in and my WiiMote disconnects at the warning screen and will not reconnect, I then changed 002 fix to ON and it does the same thing, I also tried ejecting the game when the screen flickers and once I put the DVD back in my WiiMote stays connected but it freezes at the warning screen, can anyone help me? What am i doing wrong?

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mets111 said:
Hi I have a Wii that's Soft Modded with BannerBomb, 4.0u Firmware also updated before the softmod, I have a backup channel that has NeoGamma R6 with IOS38 Rev13a installed, I put patch video on all and turned 002 fix OFF, force video is on disc, I have the Nunchuk connected and I put the DVD in and my WiiMote disconnects at the warning screen and will not reconnect, I then changed 002 fix to ON and it does the same thing, I also tried ejecting the game when the screen flickers and once I put the DVD back in my WiiMote stays connected but it freezes at the warning screen, can anyone help me? What am i doing wrong?

I just soft modded my cousins 2 wii's this weekend and one of them is giving me the same exact problem

mets111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just managed to get it to work, I restored the default setting on the Backup Loader Channel and changed ONLY anti 002 fix to ON, and patch video to all, then i made sure my Nunchuck was connected and selected launch game, I waited till right after it flickered and I saw the strap screen and I quickly hit the eject button, I put the disc back in and it worked perfectly fine from there, so when you hit the eject button just wait 2 seconds longer before you push it and see if that helps, yet its such to have to hit the eject button when u wanna play especially for little kids.

bbay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ios 38 rev 14

Neo Gamma ill quickly upload the link so you can download the software any problems let me know, use the 002 fix and the vid tv patch if your using a pal wii and ntsc game if you have a tv that works with both you wont need it it works perfectly no need to eject or reload anything so any problems please let me know

directions are also in the file its simple, also works on 4.1 wiis too

when playing the game make sure that nunchuck is not inserted until asked it will cause problems when loading otherwise.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2mmd1zdlgn

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bbay said:
Ios 38 rev 14

Neo Gamma ill quickly upload the link so you can download the software any problems let me know, use the 002 fix and the vid tv patch if your using a pal wii and ntsc game if you have a tv that works with both you wont need it it works perfectly no need to eject or reload anything so any problems please let me know

directions are also in the file its simple, also works on 4.1 wiis too

when playing the game make sure that nunchuck is not inserted until asked it will cause problems when loading otherwise.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2mmd1zdlgn

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried following those steps and the loader loads the game then freezes at the wiimote caution screen. As soon as the white screen pops up my wii mote powers down.

mets111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i tried hat as well and i got an "official" release and it does the same thing, maybe im doing something wrong, I have AnyTitleDeleater but im not quite sure how to use it, maybe i have too many things installed or something idk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...