mariogirotti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I am on 3.2E and have BUL gamma and latest SoftChip installed. I have a running copy of GH WT (which can be nicely played with my old GH3 guitar).
Today I bought the official GH WT USB microphone but it is not recognized at all. I tried to connect the Mic while my Wii is powered off and I also tried to reconnect the Mic ingame but without success.

I already tried to start the game with a cIOS based on IOS37 (from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117806) since this is the IOS the game requests according the SoftChip log but the mic does still not work.

I think I miss some sort of update the supports the USB Mic.

Any ideas?

herculean1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mariogirotti said:
Hi,

I am on 3.2E and have BUL gamma and latest SoftChip installed. I have a running copy of GH WT (which can be nicely played with my old GH3 guitar).
Today I bought the official GH WT USB microphone but it is not recognized at all. I tried to connect the Mic while my Wii is powered off and I also tried to reconnect the Mic ingame but without success.

I already tried to start the game with a cIOS based on IOS37 (from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117806) since this is the IOS the game requests according the SoftChip log but the mic does still not work.

I think I miss some sort of update the supports the USB Mic.

Any ideas?

i would also like the answer to this before i buy a microphone!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the $25 Logitech USB mic from GameStop, and it works with everything (except WiiSpeak)... take the mic back, and get the generic Logitech USB mic... even works on the PC!

mariogirotti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm... you think the game/console does not support the official equipment but a 3rd party USB Mic ?
To be honest I still believe that also the Logitech Mic will not be recognized in my configuration.

Would be nice to know if someone has a working GH Mic on a GH WT copy!

mariogirotti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zeldafrea said:
Have you synched a Wiimote without any attachments to it? Guitar hero needs a wiimote for each instrument, including the mic

I am sooo stupid...;(

I thought as soon as I connect the Mic the 'vocals' item will be enabled. I did not know that I have to turn on the Wiimote
This means the original GH USB Mic also works perfectly on 3.2E with BUL gamma and SoftChip.

Thanks a lot for the hint!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I read somewhere that the original MIC didn't work with the Wii, but I don't remember if ti was of GH or RB
tongue.gif

@ Zinedine Zidane: can you post the exact model of the generic Logitech mic and the country manufacturer??, please

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
BTW Is it possible to use GH4 Microphone without wiimote? I have only 2 and want to play full band (drums+guitar+mic) :S

A

Aimen

zapu said:
BTW Is it possible to use GH4 Microphone without wiimote? I have only 2 and want to play full band (drums+guitar+mic) :S

It's still not full band xD Guitar, Bass, Drums and Singer

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
take the mic back, and get the generic Logitech USB mic... even works on the PC!QUOTE(mariogirotti @ Dec 14 2008, 06:57 AM) hmm... you think the game/console does not support the official equipment but a 3rd party USB Mic ?
I think you will find these are the exact same Mic.
The Logitech USB Vantage

AFAIK this is the exact same Mic that comes with ALL versions of Rock Band AND Guitar Hero World Tour.

Please someone step in if I am wrong.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are correct - the Logitch Vantage USB mic is the one that is used in all Wii microphone games so far. Almost any USB mic should work.

@ zapu - You must have a WiiMote enabled for each instrument (including the mic) so you can select in the menus. Time to buy another Wiimote (like I did).
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran