GH:WT DLC *TEST*

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sum182, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008

GH:WT DLC *TEST* by sum182 at 10:28 PM (2,206 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. sum182
    OP

Newcomer sum182 Advanced Member

United States
    Alright, i believe i can share my DLC with you guys using the SD card stuff. I'm just not sure if it works so i need someone to test it. But my first question before i post the link to DL, am i allowed to post the DLC here? its 1 song, rock and roll band by boston.

2. gundalf

Member gundalf GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I would share it only with an friend or an trusted person.
    Sure nothing bad can happen but it is still related to your wii.

3. plasticpie

Newcomer plasticpie Advanced Member

United States
    I'm not sure if if you're allowed to post it here. I think that would be considered piracy. If you'd like to test it you can PM it to me though. I doubt it will work if you are just copying the save folder, but it's worth a try I suppose.

4. plasticpie

United States
    No, it does not work. I tried on my usual SD card and it says "Cannot be loaded into the Wii system memory", then I tried it on another SD card and it says "SD card from another Wii, cannot be used." So there you have it.

5. sum182
    OP

United States
    hmmm....are you running it off of the backup-launcher? if so what does it say the game ID is when you load it up?

6. sum182
    OP

United States
    heres my thoughts if youd like to give them a go. my backupload identifies the game as xSAE as the first 4 digets, so if yours a differect rename the one folder to whatever yours are.

Another thought is to use the private, wii, data, stuff from your wii and just copy the files into that and see if it loads

7. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    to get the DLC off your Wii, you'll have to download it all, then NANDump it, copy it off, and wrap it up in a WAD for installing

8. plasticpie

United States
    No, I'm using the real disc.

9. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wasn't there a way to change the signature on Wii save files so you could use a save game from another Wii? Couldn't this also be applied to the DLC? (I'm honestly not sure, which is why I ask).

10. plasticpie

United States
    Well, here, the information is on the SD card. It gets saved to the Wii memory on the fly and is then loaded and the song can be played. Once the song is over it is deleted. At least that is my understanding of how it works.

11. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Good to see someone's making an effort, I was disappointed hacking World Tour hadn't even been attempted a week after it being dumped, looks like you're the first to try anything.

12. plasticpie

United States
    I think if we can find a way to copy the save over to the Wii, like with Waninkoko's tools, it may be possible. I tried moving your song from SD to the Wii but that didn't work.

13. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Of course people are trying to hack it. There's a whole community at scorehero working on DLC/customs. And besides, this guy's "attempt" is amateurish. Think about it... would Nintendo/Vicarious Visions seriously overlook potential of people trying to copy one's save file to another Wii so that the other person could get free DLC? Give me a break, they're not idiots. Logic goes a long way.

14. plasticpie

United States
    We all obviously knew it wouldn't work but you have to try everything. Don't be such a smartass.

15. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, I think maybe if someone can free up the save file to copy to any system, then maybe someone else can open it up and find where it has the list of content, since everytime the store gets more content, it takes a few seconds to "update"(probably making a new save file to load the list from)

it's possible... Then someone could re-download the songs from that save.

That doesn't sound right. I think it loads up pretty fast, why go through the trouble of having the data moved, that's why you can download something, move to SD, install a few wads waking up space, then still play, or there would be complaints. MANY complaints.

Because we know one call means 10 million people.

16. Bananna

Newcomer Bananna Member

United States
    GeckoOS 0.7 has the ability to move the save file at free will. But even then, the ID of his Wii is not the the same as yours. So, it wouldn't matter unless it was packed into a wad and then installed via wad manager.

Even in theory, as soon as you connect online; your Wii will call bullshit and say you don't have it because every time you login it verifies your DLC.