Ggba rom on acekar with 3DS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Random11, May 28, 2011.

May 28, 2011

Ggba rom on acekar with 3DS by Random11 at 6:25 AM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Random11
    OP

Newcomer Random11 Advanced Member

Canada
    Ok so I know that the Acekard needs a slot two device to play GBA roms on it. I also know that supercard has built in GBA emulation so you don't need a slot two. For anyone who doesn't know they do this by adding ram in the supercard cart it self. Any way my question is if you use a 3DS in stead of a dsi or lite could it be possible to run an emulator for GBA roms.

I realize that some one might have to write an emulator or maybe someone could port a version of visual boy advanced. With the extra power in the 3DS I don't see why you would still need a slot two device.

2. XAlexBlitz209X

Member XAlexBlitz209X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That Doesn't Matter Really It Relies On The Power Of The Flashcard That's Why The Supercard Dstwo Can Run it It's Because It Has Built In CPU

3. damedus

Member damedus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If the flash cart was a 3ds flash cart and it had access to the 3ds power then perhaps a GBA emulator would run without the need of extra processing power, but current flash carts are DS mode and the EVO that does DSI mode there's no 3ds flash cards right now and perhaps for quite some time, so just get a DSTwo if u want to emulate GBA.

4. squall14716

Member squall14716 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Flashcarts are only capable of running in DS mode on the 3DS, so it is no more powerful than if it was actually running on a DS/DSLite.

When the 3DS is actually cracked and 3DS mode flashcarts exist, I'm sure GBA emulation will follow. But don't expect that to happen for quite some time, and don't expect your current flashcarts to be able to pull it off.