Getting Themehax Assistance needed.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Marc B, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Okay so, I am thinking of buying OoT today as thats the only way, apparently, to get themehax onto my 3ds since browserhax is screwed. Is there anything I should know before purchasing? I am on O3DS 9.9.0-26U. Is there anyone who can explain the process of getting themehax once I get OoT? Or lead me somewhere that will explain it? Help is greatly appreciated.

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    you also need a way to inject a modded save...
    are you also going to buy a powersave?
    or do you have a friend with a 3ds with homebrew?

3. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm...I don't have either. I guess I COULD get a powersave...but my pokemon copy is digital so buying a powersave would only be for this single purpose =[

4. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    you could also try to find cubic ninja
    its easier that way
    you dont need to buy a powersave
    but it cost a lot more ;-;

5. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    The thing with both Menuhax and OoThax is that they're both "secondary" hax, as in, you need to have homebrew already to install them (or a Powersaves/dongle device to send the data to your OoT cart)
    That said, if you haven't gotten the browser update nag on your 3DS you can use browserhax to install both Menuhax and OoTHax - thus having the convenience of autobooting the HBL and an actual, physical backup of the HBL entrypoint on your OoT cart in case something goes wrong.

6. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Okay once I get cubic ninja what do i do? Do you know anyplace that explains what to do? I'm pricing CN online atm.

7. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Here's the official explanation from Smealum's site. https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

8. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    I currently don't have an entry point. I want to have one but im not 100% on what to do to get one. I'm reading so many things and getting slightly confused. I understand the secondary hax part so it sounds like I need to get my hands on cubic ninja.

9. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Well, that's what we're here for. If you have any questions we'll try to answer them to the best of our ability. Let's start with the basics. Can you use the internet browser, or does the console ask you to update to access it?

10. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    I have the nag already so I cannot use my browser.

11. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Ahh, then yes, I'm afraid your only option would be Ninjhax.
    Once you get Cubic Ninja, you'll be given the option to import a level through a QR code. Instead of taking a picture of a valid Cubic Ninja QR code, you'll scan the Ninjhax QR code generated from Smealum's site (should look something like the spoiler below), and that'll boot you into the Homebrew Launcher, provided you have placed the boot.3dsx and the 3ds folder on the root of your console's SD Card.
    Since you're on 9.9, you'll be able to install Menuhax from the Homebrew Launcher - this'll allow you to access the Launcher without having to go into Cubic Ninja and scanning the QR code everytime, which makes it super convenient.

QR Code

12. Tenshi_Okami

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Well then...you do need cubic ninja xD

Try to find it on ebay or amazon

then follow the instructions that @ric. put up

if you have any other questions you can ask both of us :P
    or any other person that wants to reply to this thread

13. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    You both are awesome. Thanks alot for this info. Will contact you here should I have any further questions once I purchase the game. [Although I shouldn't because I currently have the boot.3ds files still on my SD card.]

14. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Of course, feel free to ask any questions when you get your copy of CN.
    Even if you do have the boot.3dsx on your SD card right now, I'd still recommend downloading it again once you get your Cubic Ninja - Smea is always updating the Starter Pack with bugfixes and new features so if I were you I'd make sure I'm always up to date. Also, I recommend using the Tubehax DNS to block Nintendo's servers and as such prevent further updates from auto-downloading into your system.

15. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    Cubic Ninja is indeed your next best option. It seems to be a pretty patch-proof exploit. Be sure not to overpay though, prices vary greatly. 50+ on eBay is not uncommon, but some people have reported getting this game for just a few bucks from a bargain bin

16. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Gotcha. Thanks alot guys!! ^.^

17. Marc B
    OP

Marc B Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2015
    United States
    Are any of you guys still willing to assist me with this? I was able to get past my browser update nag. I can sometimes get into homebrew from browswer hax but im missing the savedata manager =[