Apple Getting an ipod touch 8gb in july:)

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so me and my dad talked and for my bday,he is goin to pay for half my ipod touch.so in turn i am gettin a ipod touch:)so i have a few questions.what are the best legal from the app store that are free apps and games?i dont know if i want to jailbreak it.if i do what way should i?how does the psx emulator work on it?can i get the psx rom from a ps1 game?is there a snes emulator?.is cydia illegal?are the apps from it illegal?has anyone bricked there ipods doin a jailbreak?if i think of more i will ask:)thanks:)

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Joktan said:
so me and my dad talked and for my bday,he is goin to pay for half my ipod touch.so in turn i am gettin a ipod touch:)so i have a few questions.what are the best legal from the app store that are free apps and games?i dont know if i want to jailbreak it.if i do what way should i?how does the psx emulator work on it?can i get the psx rom from a ps1 game?is there a snes emulator?.is cydia illegal?are the apps from it illegal?has anyone bricked there ipods doin a jailbreak?if i think of more i will ask:)thanks:)
All apps from the App Store are legal and there's tons of free apps to choose from but the paid ones are obviously going to be better, if you're planning on Jailbreaking it, currently Spirit JB is the best to use and it works with all the latest firmwares, all models and devices. The PSX Emulator (PSX4ALL) works just like any other emulator, although to get it working you're going to have to find the BIOS and PSX ROM/ISO files and SSH them into your device. Yes, there is a SNES Emulator. Cydia in general is legal but some of the stuff it hosts isn't. And again, it depends on what apps they are, most of the third party apps are legal, but some aren't. You can't brick, as to say a iPod Touch/iPhone, worst case scenario is that it'll get stuck on a mode in which case you just restore it (Enter it into DFU mode if needed.)

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i meant which apps from the store that are free are the best to download?spirtjb how does it work?is it as easy as blackrain?for the psx emulator if i have the iriginal game do i put it in my pc and transfer all the files?if cydia is legal in some sorts does filetrip host it? whats apps from cydia are the best?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Joktan said:
i meant which apps from the store that are free are the best to download?spirtjb how does it work?is it as easy as blackrain?for the psx emulator if i have the iriginal game do i put it in my pc and transfer all the files?if cydia is legal in some sorts does filetrip host it? whats apps from cydia are the best?
There's tons of free apps and more get added each day so it's impossible to say which ones are the best, there's a top 25/50 free apps section on the app store look there. Spirit works just like blackra1n. If you want to use one of your own games you will have to rip it to ISO or whatever, Google will help you find software for that. And I have no idea what you are talking about with FileTrip hosting Cydia. Again, a quick Google search will bring you hundreds of great apps from Cydia.

You should do some more researching beforehand to save you the trouble if you plan on jailbreaking.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Joktan said:

There is quiete alot of apps, but just check the top 25 free apps once a week and grap some of these
smile.gif

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i see...so cydia is a app correct?it is a app the lets you download homemade apps right?basicly cydia is on the line of legal right?can i get it from filetrip if i wanted to?or from a warez site?other then all the apps being free is it really worth jailbreaking it?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Joktan said:
ok i see...so cydia is a app correct?it is a app the lets you download homemade apps right?basicly cydia is on the line of legal right?can i get it from filetrip if i wanted to?or from a warez site?other then all the apps being free is it really worth jailbreaking it?
Cydia is the app you will receive on your springboard once you have jailbroken, no you can't get it from Filetrip or wherever, it's the app that is installed after jailbreaking. If you plan on just using it for "free games" then there's no point, but if you don't like the heavy restrictions Apple force upon your device and like to customize everything, use third party apps, mods and emulators jailbreaking is for you.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,so ive only played with two ipod touches(i know thats pretty sad) one was jailbroken and one had been but the guy updated his firmware and lost the jailbreak.i played both and i could barly tell the difference between the guys ipods.the guy who had the jailbreaked ipod didnt custimize at all(he didnt jailbreak it,had is brothers friend do it)(btw i dont like the dude with the jailbroke ipod) so i really dont know how much better it is(my little bro took the guys ipod and messed it up big time,it was so funny) the un jailbroke ipod i played with had alot of apps still was very fun.so in turn i prob wont jailbreak it.i am a gamefreak and i just like playing stuff.so even if they are not the best free apps,i dont mind...thanks for your guys help:)

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One thing to know is that the free apps and games are usually supported by ad banners and sometimes even full on ads. Not pop-ups mind you. Games that have a paid counterpart (For example UnblockMe!) are usually more like a demo.

When you look through apps and games you can sort by category, so you can look for specific types of games. There's also a search if you know a specific app or game you want. Cydia functions in a somewhat similar way. I haven't downloaded much from Cydia. Just the basics really:

OpenSSH: will allow you to SSH (sort of like FTP) into your iPod to do some stuff, like put in themes.
SBSettings: This will allow you to swipe your finger along the top bar (Where the clock and battery are) to give you direct access to some settings. You can also hide unused icons from your springboard. Handy for clearing up clutter and quickly changing some settings.
Winterboard: Allows themes on your iPod (I'm currently using Elite Pro 1.3)

I also have--for fun-- Android Lock: This allows you to lock your iPod/iPhone in the same way the Andriod does. You draw a pattern on a 3x3 grid to unlock the device.

EDIT:

On emulators I've tried the snes4iphone emulator on Cydia and I found (although it works decently for the game (note the non-plural use) I tested) it hard to play with my fingers on the screen. It might work okay for some games, but for Megaman X3 it didn't work out so well. I couldn't hold a charge and jump, or hold a charge and dash.

MxZ119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dont want to read all the posts so i will just answer:
Cydia is NOT illegal
apps from cydia are NOT illegal
the psx emulator wont work on the ipod touch 2g 8gb it still has the old processor
a 16gb ipod touch have the newer one and it works with psx and n64 emulator
there arent many problems where the reason is the jailbreak i never had one with my ipod
the snes emulator is free in cydia but you need a rockID to use it
if you add any sources to cydia make sure they are legal there are sources which offer you cracked cydia apps( free gba emulator etc.) you can add them without a problem but thats illegal
you dont lose anything when jailbreaking your ipod i jailbroke mine the first day i got it
biggrin.gif

a non-jailbroken ipod is an incomplete ipod
you can only get things like winterboard or sbsettings when you jailbreak it and you can still use the appstore, if thats your problem
EDIT: wrote this with my ipod^^

MxZ119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it costs but i forgot how much
there are many ways to get it for free but i already said thats illegal

MxZ119

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Roms are also uploaded to normal hosting sites (megaupload and others) but that doesnt make roms legal does it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...