Getting an Ipad from US, will I pay any extra charges?

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have some relatives in the US and I want them so send me an Ipad Wifi version (because Wi-fi+3G versions require you an AT&T plan and are locked). I live in Greece and I want to know if I will pay any extra charges if they will send it to me via air mail.. I will ask tommorrow but it would be pretty helpful if someone could enlighten me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get an iPad in the first place. They're stupid, big versions of the iPod Touch. But, there are no extra charges, as the Wi-Fi is not connected to AT&T, so you should be safe.

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol.. Actually it will be the 1st apple product I buy. Anyway I wasn't really clear.. Will I get any extra charge from the customs office? Will I pay a fee because the item they sent me from US is an electronical device? I think that the sender from US must sign that the item is a gift and won't be sold

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
It will depend on the laws in your country.

If it's marked down as a gift you will be less likely to face additional charges, but even as a gift you should be required to pay VAT on anything valued at about £7 and above.

Obviously you will pay different rates of tax and the the value cut off will be different, but its a rough idea for you.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
You should wait for iPhone 4g this year.

Or better yet he could wait till next year for the iPhone 5g, or better still he could wait till the year after for the iPhone 6g.

If you wait latest and greatest you'll wait forever.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am talking about this year. They are going to announce this month or next month for iPhone 4g, that's all.
smile.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Da Mafia said:
RockmanForte said:

Or better yet he could wait till next year for the iPhone 5g, or better still he could wait till the year after for the iPhone 6g.

But its just plain stupid to buy an iPhone 3GS (or iPad, in this case), when an update is right around the corner..

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Don't get an iPad in the first place. They're stupid, big versions of the iPod Touch. But, there are no extra charges, as the Wi-Fi is not connected to AT&T, so you should be safe.

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Apr 5 2010, 06:51 PM) You should wait for iPhone 4g this year.
He didn't ask whether he should get it or not...Stop bashing things other people like just because you don't.

Anyway, I'm assuming it won't have extra charges/a large extra charge if the sender marks it as a gift, like others said.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not bashing things other people .. Please stop assume, thanks. I think if he should wait for iphone 4g because it is easy to carry. Please stop tell me what to do. I would appreciate that.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
Its still the same thing. If you decide you want something, you compare all similar things and get whatever suits you best.

You could sit here and wait 1, 2, or 3 months for the iPhone 4g, and then when that comes, you think, i'll wait, it wont be long before they release the iPad 2g and you still wait forever.

If you want something you should just get it, if you want it then you don't care if something slightly better is coming out soon. With technology there is always something better just around the corner.

Edit: Just to note, i've got not got a problem with you or what your saying, i'm just bored
yaywii.gif

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
Da Mafia said:
RockmanForte said:

But its just plain stupid to buy an iPhone 3GS (or iPad, in this case), when an update is right around the corner..
only if the update is actually an update instead of some thing stupid like the *gasp* DSi XL

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or we could just answer his question and then stop arguing
tongue.gif

I think if you get them to mark it as a gift and put its value as low then it should get through fine with no charges, there no full proof way I don't think though so just be ready

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pfff I asked today on the local mail office and they said to me that they aren't sure either... Eventually, our relatives from US had sended us in the past some clothes via air mail, as a gift there weren't any extra fees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...